Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time buyer advice

Hiya,
    I've recently sold my romini caravan and loved everything about it but now I'm thinking of trading my day to day run around in for a Romahome Duo as it's a bit more practical.

Any advice for someone new to these? ive ready the pinned body swap post which is a little disconcerting but other than that, are there any major issues to be aware of or particular engines to look out for?

I've seen this one on autotrader https://www.autotrader.co.uk/motorho...mSavedAds=true which I'm planning to view but want to go armed with the appropriate knowledge 😊

Thanks

As has been said often, any camper is only as good as the base vehicle check that thoroughly, all Romas are getting long in the tooth, the pics look nice and the price is reasonable. Make sure all the onboard stuff works especially fridge as these are difficult and expensive to replace. Get someone (AA or RAC) to look at the underside Romas can die of rust. Don't let your heart rule your head !
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi and welcome

Good advice from Ian, we had a Duo, lovely vans and quite unusual with the teardrop window. Not that many about either, not sure how many were made but not a lot.

You can't give your life more time
      so give the time you have left more life

Comment

Thank you 😊. I've taken a look at the MOT history and nothing rust wise mentioned recently but it did fail in 2017 for corrosion around the front suspension spring mounting and also an advisory for more general rust around the front wing/wheel arch. No mention since though so possibly been addressed 🤔

Comment

Looks clean and tidy and the MOT history doesn't sho any problems. The Berlingos are a lot less prone to rust than the older C15 but it does happen. At that mileage if the timing belt hasn't been changed then look to knock a few hundred pounds off the price.
          Never more than a bicycle ride away from being in a good mood.

Comment

Good luck with your search

Comment

I would add two things for now: Use your nose. If it smells musty, it may have a leak and been left closed up too long. You may want to investigate where the damp is. Which brings to second point: lift the square of carpet in the footwell by the fridge. Is it damp? If yes, then water may be getting in at a window or a crack in the fibreglass somewhere. That’s not good. It can’t easily dry out and could cause the dreaded rust spoken of earlier. I bought a W reg Duo, with the tear drop windows, early this year and in the search I saw, felt, and smelled a lot of terrible examples. Keep at it. Lovely vehicle to own. Mine makes me smile just looking at it.

Comment

I’ve just woken up to the date of your original post. Presumably by now you are happily driving one.

Comment

yes the first post on auto trader it says sold. did you get it ?
                  BuzznDave

Comment

Sadly not... someone beat me to it. think i probably missed a bargain. But theceight one will come along at the right time im sure

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X