As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two hooks but what are they actually for?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two hooks but what are they actually for?

Having just done a major tidy up of my little R20, I noticed again two hooks whose function eludes me. One hook is above the driver's seat and the other above the passenger's head.

I'm sure that a creative lot like you will come up with all sorts of mischievous answers to the question but..er...what exactly am I supposed to use these hooks for?

eg I could suspend a pole across them and hang things from the pole on a selcation of hooks,( ho ho even hang bottles from them and bang them to make pretty tunes.)

I suppose I could hang a bag or coat from each of them, though nothing too heavy.

I have tried several times to upload my photo of one of the hooks, to no avail. The curvature in the hook would allow a pole of approx 3/4 inch in diameter.
    Carpe diem! :)

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
    Having just done a major tidy up of my little R20, I noticed again two hooks whose function eludes me. One hook is above the driver's seat and the other above the passenger's head.

I'm sure that a creative lot like you will come up with all sorts of mischievous answers to the question but..er...what exactly am I supposed to use these hooks for?

eg I could suspend a pole across them and hang things from the pole on a selcation of hooks,( ho ho even hang bottles from them and bang them to make pretty tunes.)

I suppose I could hang a bag or coat from each of them, though nothing too heavy.

I have tried several times to upload my photo of one of the hooks, to no avail. The curvature in the hook would allow a pole of approx 3/4 inch in diameter.
    The C15 and the Berlingo are car derived vans,the hooks are a reminder of its car days,they are coathooks.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      The C15 and the Berlingo are car derived vans,the hooks are a reminder of its car days,they are coathooks.
      I wonder if this refers to the ones above the driver/passenger heads rather than at the sides?
      Our Berlingo Duo has these with a chrome pole suspended between them that we use for coat hangers at night.
      See top of pic:- (hooks out of shot though)

Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

twin1

I like that idea. Like the set up wine comfy cushions and sunshine.

Comment

'Ang your 'at on em!

Comment

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
            I like that idea. Like the set up wine comfy cushions and sunshine.
            Special Norfolk sunshine!
            Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
              'Ang your 'at on em!
              eggsactly wot I duz.
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

twin1

Roll on summer

Comment

Thank you, folks, for the astonishingly helpful and unfacetious answers!

So...I might nick the pole from the back bedroom built-in cupboard (said cupboard being crammed with boxes of offspring's junk) and hang my clothes up in style.

Or maybe get another lot of Tibetan flags and suspend them from the pole - my last lot were donated to a needy school...they loved them but then I had no flags to decorate my tent with

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by rubberrat View Post
                    I wonder if this refers to the ones above the driver/passenger heads rather than at the sides?
                    Our Berlingo Duo has these with a chrome pole suspended between them that we use for coat hangers at night.
                    See top of pic:- (hooks out of shot though)

Yes, those are the ones. How on earth do you keep your van so tidy and clutter-free? I know...you hang everything up from the pole!!

Comment

WE have a piece of 15 mm copper pipe through the hooks(insulating tape round the ends keeps it in place) we hang two cotton shopping bags( the ones that fold away to their own pocket)with hooks.Our clothes, wash bag, towel etc for the next day go in when we go to bed,mobile phone etc, in the little pocket which I can reach without getting up. this saves having to rake about in the lockers first thing in the morning and keeps things tidy.:
                      Joe
                      If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Nice one Joe, like the bags idea... may well pinch it!
                        Thanks
                        Andyvan

Comment

We have an extending cafe pole that goes across these sith hooks from IKEA hang ing from it. We hang all sorts of bags from them.

They are from before the vehicl was converted and are coat hooks.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
                            WE have a piece of 15 mm copper pipe through the hooks(insulating tape round the ends keeps it in place) we hang two cotton shopping bags( the ones that fold away to their own pocket)with hooks.Our clothes, wash bag, towel etc for the next day go in when we go to bed,mobile phone etc, in the little pocket which I can reach without getting up. this saves having to rake about in the lockers first thing in the morning and keeps things tidy.:
                            Joe
                            Brilliant tip. Thanks for this.

So it is off to B & Q tomorrow to use our concessionary card to buy piping and maybe hooks.

Comment

That is a very good idea about the pole I never know what to do with those hooks.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X