As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All r30 owners

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All r30 owners

Where do you store your Raskelf Duvalay because there are two big to store above the cab
    BRIAN

We only have one because SWMBO prefers an ordinary duvet (despite the fact it takes me longer to make up the bed!). I put mine in it's Raskelf bag and then it stands on the loo!

Comment

We've got a Dimension which is the predecessor to the R30 and we manage to cram two duvalays up there plus two large folding chairs, pillows and other bits and bobs too. I would have thought the luton area of the R30 was roughly the same size as ours, you obviously aren't pushing hard enough.

We have taken the bar that goes across the front of the luton off, as that helped a lot.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        We've got a Dimension which is the predecessor to the R30 and we manage to cram two duvalays up there plus two large folding chairs, pillows and other bits and bobs too. I would have thought the luton area of the R30 was roughly the same size as ours, you obviously aren't pushing hard enough.

We have taken the bar that goes across the front of the luton off, as that helped a lot.
        We picked up the R30 last thursday the luton on the R25 was higher then the R30 i managed to push two duvalays in the luton plus all the pillows and all of the rest the stuff I think we will have to put them in the toilet ,but i will have another go
        BRIAN

Comment

hello Brian i dont know if i can help at all but will try ...we dont have an R30 but the R20 but we do have Two duvalays and have had them for several years in fact so pleased with them at the Malvern show went to buy some more covers( pair in the wash pair on)ang got talking to lots of customers worried about storing them so could only say how we do pack ours.its not really a visual thing....dont look....either roll or fold your choice...and push slowly ......more and more its a steady process...go on keep pushing like a Rugby front row and you will amaze yourself what little space they go in and same with the pillows its all about pressure and getting the foam to squash down and down.The funny thing was the duvalay sales rep didnt want us to leave after we more or less convinced several people to buy them.........i hope they like them...what am i saying ...bound to love them.An hour later we walked we walked past the stand again and he shouted out hey you two have you got a spare half hour ? We dont put them in the bags but just as they are and they squeeze down in to the very front of our over cab Luton with lots of space for other things.......Mark and Shirley.love duvalays...love zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......sleep

Comment

New item for wishlish for Romahome......
            When designing new motorhome ensure suitible space to store the duverlays.... They are becoming a must have...

Have to say absolutely love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
              We dont put them in the bags but just as they are and they squeeze down in to the very front of our over cab Luton with lots of space for other things.......Mark and Shirley.love duvalays...love zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......sleep
              But dont you just feel totally exhausted after all that squeezing? I know I do. I feel as though I have gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson, and the good news is I can do it all again the next day
              Mary

Comment

Would self vacum bags not help, you know the sort with a one way valve to let air out. They take less room up and keep stuff fresh if you leave them in the camper between trips. I'm going to get some for our sleeping bags.

Comment

Vacuum bags are ok, but you wouldn't want to use them regularly each night when on a trip, better for long term storage. The Duvalays are much heavier and more bulky than a sleeping bag. It is the sheer size and weight of them that is a bit overwhelming!
                  Mary

Comment

They fit very neatly in the R20 luton no probs.... (smug smile).

Comment

I think the secret is to roll them as tight as you can, we have luggage straps that we put round them and tighten as tight as possible.

Got the luggage straps from the pound shop, can't remember how much they were.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Try a couple of Compression straps that may help. ....
                        I would have thought careful folding or rolling would have been the answer
                        Alf

Comment

We roll ours tightly and put into very shiny plastic bags (Lakeland extra large carrier bags are perfect) and they then slide into the luton. We have also removed the bar across the front of the luton and nothing slides out. Well, they are all very tightly packed in.
                          I will post a photo as soon as John has downloaded it from his camera.

The bags do not completely cover the duvalays, but the shiny plastic seems to do the trick.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by wendy; 25-03-2012, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by wendy View Post
                            We roll ours tightly and put into very shiny plastic bags (Lakeland extra large carrier bags are perfect) and they then slide into the luton. We have also removed the bar across the front of the luton and nothing slides out. Well, they are all very tightly packed in.
                            I will post a photo as soon as John has downloaded it from his camera.
                            HI WENDY Thanks for the info i will try your idea I will look forward to see the photo i will also take a photo and download it

BRIAN

Comment

Photo now posted.

Tip from John (chief bedding folder) - push the duvalays into the luton non-zip end first as that is easier to squash.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X