As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahome crisis no fuel ...it wont go

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome crisis no fuel ...it wont go

Crisis what crisis a supertramp song says it all you cant ignore a problem.Our Romahome is very reliable to work out fuel and how much you need for a journey so easter next week ....not enough to go to Modbury....bigbury on sea area then Start bay near Torcross.What does any one do apart from join the madness as between now and next friday mid day we will need some .WE cycle saturday and our Laurence uses his car for our sunday 6miler walk so its only easter.The last crisis i 2000 we didnt need any as never had any car or camper van from 1979 till 2006 and i only drove a works trade van(we cycled 8000 miles one year honest)any way my boss then told me to get in a queue and wait.......all morning if needs be'.We had a BP card to pay so off i went and did that ...got in half mile queue....Roy Orbison cd very calming....it was crazy to watch...it seemed all 35 yr olds went mental...some drove up the path others nearly rammed each other a van cut over and up a slope his ladders smashed a car roof in...and Big O.....continued to sing on...shouting .....oh at me several (nutters ) you trade vans should not have our diesel...our ?...i smiled ...more abuse...and big O still singing.I got to a pump at last after being cut off 3 times an the van ......gobbled 56 litres...but i was under orders.Today ummmmmm guilty as i felt who knows about next week..select an early Beatles cd happy and cheerful love songs(shirley and me married 44yrs yesterday congrats to us )and off to normal fuel stop.....Morrisons supermarket and yes a quarter mile queue......and the band played on....with love from me to you laa laa ooooohh.At least in sunshine nothing bad to reportbut it took 55 minutes and sand was all over the floor as people filled to the brim ...and more.The thing is do i feel guilty at pump.......ummm no if you cant beat the join them.....they sell diesel we wanted some..dont blame me blame the government .I would be really interested how every one else is coping what are you all doing and why......ps Morrisons had a double Hollies cd for a fiver bargain.......................Mark

I went to Skegness yesterday. Very busy! I wonder where everyone had driven from? And how much fuel they had squandered?
    Me? I did 200 miles! Did I feel guilty? NO!

I went on my motorbike and used less than 3 gallons. Putting in the miles was very necessary. I have just been forced to spend about £500 on an engine rebuild because some ******, 4000 miles ago (before I bought it and did the last 3000 over the last couple of years) forgot(?) to fit two tenpenny circlips in the gudgeon pin ends. Which wrecked the engine big time.
    The trip was part of the necessary"running in" after rebuild. I'll be doing lots more over the next few weeks. Fuel crisis or not!
    I still will not feel guilty because I have a Spanish touring holiday with the bike booked in early May and no industrial action is going to wreck that!

Ian, now you know why I opted out of your "Big Meet". My current expenditure is obliterating my income, though I might need to put in another couple of hundred miles on the bike around the end of April Any idea where I might get a free cuppa?
    Jim.
    Last edited by Twolitre; 29-03-2012, 22:42.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Filled the car last night and the Romahome the night before at our local Tesco, minimal queueing, only a couple of vehicles in front. Fuel necessary for us because we share in the caring of parents in Grange over Sands and Sheffield and a friend in a wheelchair in Lytham St Annes. Our friend is moving to Holland after Easter and the logistics are quite difficult, we will be taking her 2 electric wheelchairs (one upstairs and one downstairs) in our Romahome.

By the way we had to go to Morrisons in Blackpool yesterday and the fuel queue was horrendous - not helped by the 1pm national news saying that fuel was in short supply in Blackpool and Lowestoft. We were only shopping for our friend but we could not get on the carpark because you share the filling station entrance. we ended up on the service road, but in store they said that Morrisons tanker drivers will not be in the strike as they work directly for them.

Peter

Comment

That's useful info, Peter. I was going to try Sainsbury's but I have very little fuel so can't risk going there to find they have none. Morrisons is just as near.

Di.

Comment

it must vary area to area a van driver i was talking to said all the garages in Bath were closed for fuel but most Bristol ones ok although Morrisons were almost round the block and so were tesco.Our local esso was empty .......talking at that...empty .....i think i will fill up with tea....no strike on that ....YET...............Mark

Comment

I have just under 1/4 of a tank now.... pretty soon I'm going to be walking!

Comment

i still dont know what everyone is going to do at work this morning a lot prefered not to comment almost as though it a bit impolite to get some fuel not really cricket!!! and all that and others would rather run out than get in a queue...i can remember ration books when i was a kid so i would have to say ......ive seen it all before..i had to queue up to get my Mum a bottle of HP sause and hand over a little ration ticket.I think we were given Petrol ration books in the 70s but never had to use them .....could be like now really ..................Mark

Comment

I've just filled up my camper ready for next weekend. I deliberately went out late to try and avoid too much of a queue and was lucky that there was only 1 car waiting to pull into a pump in front of me :so happy:
                I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
                  i still dont know what everyone is going to do at work this morning a lot prefered not to comment almost as though it a bit impolite to get some fuel not really cricket!!! and all that and others would rather run out than get in a queue...i can remember ration books when i was a kid so i would have to say ......ive seen it all before..i had to queue up to get my Mum a bottle of HP sause and hand over a little ration ticket.I think we were given Petrol ration books in the 70s but never had to use them .....could be like now really ..................Mark
                  Yes, petrol ration books were given out in 1973. Never actually used though.
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

We had to travel back from Newport South Wales to Nottingham today, we went to Asda just up the road from the Caravan Club site and went straight to the pump with no queues at all. Filled up and go back home no problem.

I did notice that some pumps were coned off so presumably they were empty.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

All sorted now according to our esteemed government who say there is no need to panic buy as the tanker drivers have assured them that they will not strike over the Easter weekend. All a load of gas and hot air!

Di.

Comment

I think the panic was entirely due to the politician advising folk to fill up jerry cans.
                        I think it is illegal to store more than two gallons of petrol at home anyway. If I am remembering the Law correctly, he was advising people to break it.
                        Was he, directly or indirectly, the the cause of the terrible accident where the woman got very seriously burned decanting petrol in her kitchen!
                        Jim.
                        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                          Was he, directly or indirectly, the the cause of the terrible accident where the woman got very seriously burned decanting petrol in her kitchen!
                          I'm not absolving the government in any way for causing a panic but I don't believe that anyone who pours out petrol in a room with a naked flame in it can possibly blame anyone but themselves.

Comment

The overriding thought that this circus has left me with is that watching the way people have behaved during this "non crisis" I shudder to think what would happen if we should find ourselves in a truly difficult situation.

Geoff.

Comment

Don't panic
                              Keep calm
                              and Carry on.
                              derek b and Babs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X