As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahome - fantastic service

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome - fantastic service

We took our R25 to Southampton for its first service and habitation check, reversing camera was replaced, and is now working fine, had a long chat with Dan Bailey who showed us over the R30, thanks Dan!( we were curious about it after Mr T's change from the R25 to the R30). Some very good deals on the R30 - low mileage vans available for conversion at reduced prices.
    We spent some time at Towsure, and can really recommend the bacon rolls from the food van in the carpark!

We then hopped on the ferry to the IoW, taking advantage of early season deals- 2 adults and dog 5 Nights with hookup, ferry inclusive for £114. We had booked the van in at the factory for upgraded spring assisters, and a security handle for the back door, as well as some other bits and pieces. Brian showed us over the factory - very interesting and made us really appreciate what quality vehicles Romahomes are, the Morgans of the Motorhome world sprang to mind!

Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and take such pride in what they produce, that pride is certainly reflected in the vehicles we are lucky enough to own. We also got to see a new R20.

So thanks to all who worked on our van at Romahome and Freeborn, and to Dan and Brian for sparing their time to chat to us.

Oh, and on top of all that, we were there in all that beautiful weather - tee shirts on the beach and wall to wall sunshine :so happy::so happy:

Von

Don't know if your reversing cam monitor is the same as ours. Got fed up with it on the mirror, occasionally the mirror fell off with the weight of it. Tried moving in it to passenger side but being an old fart, couldn't see it very well.
    Am in the process of moving it where I can see it better, in the middle of the console. We use it turned on,especially in France for when vehicles are overtaking.
    Knocked up a bit of wood to snugly fit into the spare knick knack space in the console and recabling it back to the socket it plugs into.
    Even teddy likes the mod!
    There are 2 channels on this monitor, so another camera may be next.

In an attempt to further improve the rearward vision, got a couple of convex blind spot mirrors from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Convex-...3629410&sr=1-8

Tony Anchorman
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anchorman; 05-04-2012, 13:38.

Comment

Now that looks really neat!! Our monitor is the same, so will have a good look at the Spring meet. Our mirror kept falling off as well, but Freeborn fixed it last year, and it has been ok since then. I'm really impressed with your console mounting, especially as it means you can leave the monitor switched on. Will check out the blind spot mirrors- I've been after some for a while, and it's good to be directed to some that you have tried, thanks very much

Hope the leg is well on the way to recovery

Comment

Hi Von
        and I thought we went a long way for our service - Romiley, Stockport to Bristol to see Ant (and also my brother who lives nearby). But you topped that!
        Sue
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
          We took our R25 to Southampton for its first service and habitation check, reversing camera was replaced, and is now working fine, had a long chat with Dan Bailey who showed us over the R30, thanks Dan!( we were curious about it after Mr T's change from the R25 to the R30). Some very good deals on the R30 - low mileage vans available for conversion at reduced prices.
          We spent some time at Towsure, and can really recommend the bacon rolls from the food van in the carpark!

We then hopped on the ferry to the IoW, taking advantage of early season deals- 2 adults and dog 5 Nights with hookup, ferry inclusive for £114. We had booked the van in at the factory for upgraded spring assisters, and a security handle for the back door, as well as some other bits and pieces. Brian showed us over the factory - very interesting and made us really appreciate what quality vehicles Romahomes are, the Morgans of the Motorhome world sprang to mind!

Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and take such pride in what they produce, that pride is certainly reflected in the vehicles we are lucky enough to own. We also got to see a new R20.

So thanks to all who worked on our van at Romahome and Freeborn, and to Dan and Brian for sparing their time to chat to us.

Oh, and on top of all that, we were there in all that beautiful weather - tee shirts on the beach and wall to wall sunshine :so happy::so happy:
          HI VONUK
          What do you think of the R30 we looked at the low mileage vans about 30.000 miles on the clock Romahome fit a new conversion on them but we opted for a new one this one i hope will see use through

BRIAN

Comment

Hi Brian, we really liked the R30, particularly how the cab area became part of the habitation area. The layout was fairly similar to our old Motorhome which was based on the Talbot Express, so felt very familiar.

We also liked how the pull out wardrobe made a private area at the back of the van, and the longer galley area which gave room for a draining board. One thing we missed when changing from the Talbot was the sliding side door, which made using an awning much easier, so that was good to see on the R30.

The deals on the R30 conversions on low mileage vehicles were very good indeed, however after much thought we decided that the layout of the R25 is slightly more adaptable when we are accommodating the dog, and the cavernous Luton is something else again! Neither of us weighs more than 55kg, so we can manage quite comfortably in the R25 - we upgraded from the R20 which was a just bit small for two of us and the dog.

It sounds as though you are as pleased with your upgrade as we were with ours!

Comment

romahome

HI just like to sae the best service we got was at romahome factory they pay for camping and ctossing to them and first class service nice lot of lades keep the good work up :so happy:

Comment

The deals on the R30 conversions on low mileage vehicles were very good indeed
                Can you remember what sort of prices the low mileage vehicles were?
                Mary

Comment

Hi Mary,
                  The one we looked over was about £27,000, but they vary according to the mileage you are prepared to accept. I know in comparison to the new price they were about £10,000 or more lower, coming with a brand new conversion. If you talk to Dan Bailey at the Romahome centre at Freeborn Southampton he would be able to give you more of an idea.

The reason we considered it is because our R25 is only a year old, and we could hopefully have managed it without too much financial outlay.

Hope this helps

Comment

Von,

Turns out that the reversing cam monitor plugs into the power/camera with a
                    6 din plug/socket cable. Bought a 6 foot PS/2 mouse extension cable from here,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com...4241528&sr=8-2

Just the right length to re-route and tuck away the cable. Works fine with the monitor now on the dash rather than the mirror. Leaving the rear view mirror free to do what it does best.

Tony Anchorman
                    Last edited by anchorman; 12-04-2012, 15:53.

Comment

Hi Mary,
                      The one we looked over was about £27,000, but they vary according to the mileage you are prepared to accept. I know in comparison to the new price they were about £10,000 or more lower, coming with a brand new conversion. If you talk to Dan Bailey at the Romahome centre at Freeborn Southampton he would be able to give you more of an idea.

The reason we considered it is because our R25 is only a year old, and we could hopefully have managed it without too much financial outlay.

Hope this helps
                      Thanks for the info. Our VW was a new conversion on a 3 year old van. I wish we could have stretched to a new van ......... its all a compromise is it!
                      Mary

Comment

Hi Mary,
                        I was lucky enough to have a decent lump sum when I retired - I'd worked for over 40 years without a break in service, and for 3 years past the time I could have retired, deferring my state pension, so that I could buy the Motorhome outright.

In the economic climate of the last 2 decades I know that I was one of the fortunate to retain my job, although that involved applying for my own post on at least 2 occasions in the various council restructures.

All that is rather a long way of saying that I am very aware that many, many others through no fault of their own, and who have worked as hard, or harder have had their careers, pensions and hopes and dreams disrupted, and I am one very, very lucky person.

You are right about compromise, in our case it was spend the money on doing up the house, or buy something that would enable us to make the most of our retirement years whilst we are still fit to do things. No brainer really!

Looking over the R30 was interesting, it made us re look at why we had chosen the R25, and confirmed that it is the right van for us. One of our other compromises was that whatever we had would need to be our daily vehicle too, which is why we had started off with the R20, which was a brilliant van, but proved just a bit small for our particular purposes.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X