As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahome Duo Plus Query

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome Duo Plus Query

Sorry if this has come up before, but I am new to the site. I have a Duo Plus (with the removable rear seats). In the past I have travelled without the rear seats and set up the double bed using the cushions and three wooden slats or planks available.

However, it is also possible to set up the bed by merely folding down the back seats and placing the cushions on top. In this case it is not possible to use the forward wooden slat as there are no base units to rest it on. Should there be something else in its place, or do the folded down seats act as supports for the cushions?

And to take this a step further, what are the arrangements for using just one of the rear seats folded down?

I would be grateful if anyone could help out with this.

Thanks,

Vic

Vic

Welcome. I have a Duo - not plus - so can't answer you question with any accuracy.
    I have looked in my original literature and this has instructions for the Duo plus, but only shows the single beds made up on the seat backs, not the double so hopefully other SM members will be on later to give you a pointer.
    Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Thanks Rubberrat - I actually phoned Romahome yesterday as I wasn't getting too far, and was told the same - when the rear seats are left in situ then only the single beds can be made up.

Something else that has cropped up - one of the seat belt mechanisms on a rear seat has broken. I was given the manufacturers contact as Richards and Shaw in the West Midlands, but they seem to have gone out of business. The name on the belt is 'Kustombilt'. I suppose the only solution is to search around for a second-hand one.

Thanks for your interest.

Vic

Comment

Vic

I understand that the seat belt mech on these was a little fragile. I would also be looking for a secondhand unit, failing that, look for a local classic seat trimmer, they tend to know their stuff with seatbelts.
        I now know why people revert back to the seat boxes and sell the seats - it was a mystery why folk would do that.
        Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X