As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a kind person with a tape measure?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a kind person with a tape measure?

I'm still dithering about the right motorhome or van conversion to buy, and wonder if there is a kind person with a few minutes to spare, who could help me?

My main consideration is where I can travel the dogs - the whole idea of having a motorhome is to have somewhere to stay overnight at dog shows. They have 3 travelling crates which are 24" x 19".

I wonder if someone could tell me the dimensions of the benches that run along the sides of a Romahome demountable pod - and if the cushions are removed is there a solid base and a lip that might hold boxes/crates in place?

Also what is the approimate size of the luton (particularly the height of the opening?

And finally, the gap between the two benches?

Many thanks in advance.
    Sheila

Hi Sheila, sorry took a while to respond but have been away.
    In answer to your queries... in my pod there are 2 large base cushions either side that are 34inches by 22 inches each. There are also back cushions that sit on top which are 4inches deep. So with cushions in place usable seat space is 18 inches. But can be increased to the 32 by moving back ones. All cushions are removable and on mine the bases of the cushions are solid and there is no cover on the storage space under them. There is no lip to hold crates but you could drill and fix mounting plates and belts.
    The gap between the seats is 23 inches but the cushions will overhang this slightly. It is 12 and half inches to base of cushions from the floor.
    The luton... I have never measured... but guessing maybe 18 inches...

If you look at the pics of my refurb it may give you a better idea but mine is an old pod and they all differ slightly.
    Anything else please ask
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Our cat Barney travels in a small cage, en route , then he has a much larger one, his outside cage, that folds flat and goes in the luton part , over the cab. Loads of room up there. We also have a table & fold up chairs up there plus anything else we can cram in. Im sure you would get three cages up there without any trouble. Ours is the Duo.

Comment

Thanks to you both - that's very helpful

I'm thinking of travelling them on the bench, but putting the crates in the luton when we arrive. (In theory, they sleep in the crates, in practice.....ever shared a single bed with six dogs?)

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by cesky2000 View Post
          (In theory, they sleep in the crates, in practice.....ever shared a single bed with six dogs?)

Sheila
          Sheila, tell me you are not seriously taking SIX dogs in a Romahome???!!!

I hope they aren't St. Bernards.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

six??? I travel with and share a bed with a boxer.... that is ok ..

(what are your dogs? little ones I'm guessing from the cage sizes)
            I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
            http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

No, they are quite small - Cesky Terriers

You can meet them here:

http://www.ridleyceskyterriers.co.uk

Sheila

Comment

If you travel alone i would suggest getting a piece of plywood or chipboard and cutting it to the same size as the seat cushion base boards and fix a baton underneath to form the same as type of cover as the seat cushion base boards.

You could then fix a wooden frame to this base board around the 3 travel crates to hold them in place when on the move.

You could then leave the seat & back cushions behind and use the dog crate base boards instead, sleeping on the single bed !

Comment

If you travel alone i would suggest getting a piece of plywood or chipboard and cutting it to the same size as the seat cushion base boards and fix a baton underneath to form the same as type of cover as the seat cushion base boards.

You could then fix a wooden frame to this base board around the 3 travel crates to hold them in place when on the move.

You could then leave the seat & back cushions behind and use the dog crate base boards instead, sleeping on the single bed !
                  Yes, that's roughly what I was thinking of doing, certainly for short trips, although I think if we are in one place for more than a night or two I might take the cushions as well so that I have extra seating.

Thanks again for all your help and ideas.
                  Sheila

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X