As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C15d 765

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15d 765

Hello o wise ones.

In the unlikely event that I could scrape the cash together, does this one look like a good buy? Is the price about right? The mileage looks low for the year - could it be one of those cut 'n shut jobbies?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C1...7#ht_500wt_901

hello caz...i hope i can help if i tell you what happened to us .I think the price is a bit high but offers often prove a surprise and worth a try .We were looking for a c15 in 2007 and several were about so at the time were not on the internet we put our middle son on the case to compare prices.The one we liked was in oxfordshire as your interest an "S"" reg 1998 hitop same colour furniture more or less same van similar mileage.The people had been asking £10 ooo as they paid Ant at avon motorhomes £11 000 eighteen months before.They had a lot of time wasters just looking and months went by and they dropped to £7 ooo but we got it for £6 700...delighted The one we had very smart apart from a line of rust along front bonnet by plastic stripping (i repaired ok )slight rust marks would appear along sills but not deep so hamerite paint every two months.They are amazing campervans the best money you can everspend in our opinion .The c15 engine very reliable and good to the gallon near 50 so very good The back half is the same as the Berlingo furniture fridge and cooker.My thoughts are try to get them to drop a bit and it would be a sound buy all romahome brilliant design vans......Mark and shirley ps if i can help in any way fire questions at us and we will help as best we can

Comment

I think it's expensive as well, for what MHO is worth, Caz. I've seen similar ones for a couple of grand less than that. It's the time of year for all things mobile, caravans and MH's to demand top whack, you would be better buying at the end of the season or over the winter, then sell your caravan in the spring! But I know the logistics of that can be difficult!

Comment

could be true but we bought our c15 in april 2007 and private sales do tend to drop as they may want to finance something else for spring or summer >im sure if you phoned ant he would give you a price guide for the 98 isle of wight classic.....mark

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks.

I thought it looked a bit pricey, but anything cheaper seems to be very old and rusty at the mo'!

I can't really afford it anyway so will take JayJay's advice, going to use my old tent a bit this summer I think to save the hassle of the caravan and re-address the position in the autumn. Maybe I'll have had a win on the premium bonds by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
            Thanks for the advice folks.

I thought it looked a bit pricey, but anything cheaper seems to be very old and rusty at the mo'!

I can't really afford it anyway so will take JayJay's advice, going to use my old tent a bit this summer I think to save the hassle of the caravan and re-address the position in the autumn. Maybe I'll have had a win on the premium bonds by then.
            I think you should invest in a phonecall to Ant,you may be more enlightened then by an avowed expert.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

The photos fit the reg and it is properly described (the platform Chassis is 765KG).

I would have a look and then try to negotiate a sensible price if it is OK. You can afford to bide your time, just let the owner know that you are really interested but not at that price.

Remember that the real price of a Romahome depends mostly on the condition of the Citroen part than its age.

Good luck

Peter

Comment

HYLO For sale

Hi,

Just put our 97 C15 HYLO on EBay (140745654379) , hopefully more realistically priced than you have seen, but further away.

Keep taking the expert advice from the others on here and you won't go far wrong. Ant gave me great advice in the past with my old Romahome demountable and cannot (IMHO) be faulted.

Good luck

Jim

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X