As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapsing R30 bathroom door.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collapsing R30 bathroom door.

I recently came across an R30 owner whose sliding bathroom door has had to be replaced. It had collapsed and now mine has done the same. Even when I put it back in the runners it is useless. Just wondered whether there are any more out there?

Oh dear, we've got a Dimension with an opening door and I always thought what a good idea the sliding door would be but perhaps not such a good idea after all.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Bluebell
      We had that problem when we first got our R30. Put some clear glue on the inside panels of the door, now works perfectly. Hope this helps.

Comment

No problem with ours (so far) after more than 250 nights camping.

Any idea how much usage the others had had before failure?

Barry

Comment

Mine is two years old and has done only 6000 miles. The other one, that has had to be replaced, is about 9 months older I believe and has had a similar amount of use for its age.

Comment

Collapsing door

The door on my R30 collapsed, and I took the motorhome to Ant, and he said it is simple to fix as it just needs some adhesive,(mastic) to keep the strips of plastic In the door in the form of a parellagram. Incidentally he fixed it in a few minutes. (once more proving his knowledge of Romahomes and his dedication to customers)

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell View Post
              I recently came across an R30 owner whose sliding bathroom door has had to be replaced. It had collapsed and now mine has done the same. Even when I put it back in the runners it is useless. Just wondered whether there are any more out there?
              HI
              My wife tripped and fell agaist the sliding door but it was soon put back on its runnersBy the way i think the basin is too low

BRIAN

Comment

I agree that Ant's after service is brilliant. It's a shame there aren't clones all around the country! Unfortunately I live a long way from Bristol and will have to try and fix it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell View Post
                  I agree that Ant's after service is brilliant. It's a shame there aren't clones all around the country! Unfortunately I live a long way from Bristol and will have to try and fix it myself.
                  Hi Bluebell

We too live a fair distance from Ant but we just take the van and have a little holiday at the same time. There are some lovely camp sites within easy driving distance of Ants. Cheddar C&CC is a favourite of ours.

We think its worth travelling for the fantastic service that Ant gives and the money he saves us.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham, never been to the Cheddar site. Will try it out when I can fit it in.

Comment

Ditto Graham

Did the CC at Cheddar after the Banbury Meet. Had a nice curry next door in the Football Club.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Originally Posted by Bluebell

Originally posted by Mr T View Post
                        HI
                        My wife tripped and fell agaist the sliding door but it was soon put back on its runnersBy the way i think the basin is too low

BRIAN
                        We have just returned from Jersey - thoroughly recommended - Rozel Camping Park - excellent.

But the point of this is to say that during the security check waiting to board the ferry, the (very large) security guy tripped over the washroom door sill and fell against the partly open sliding door. All that happened was that the leading edge trim was forced out of the top and bottom channels, jamming the door from moving. It took less than two minutes of fiddling and levering to re-instate the door into the channels and it works fine. No damage or collapsing whatsoever.

I just wonder whether the manufacturing quality of the individual doors varies and we (by chance) have one of the better ones

Barry

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X