As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out again

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out again

We took the Van out again last week. We went to Harlech for one night. The weather was overcast on Wednseday but sunny on Thursday. The outing went very well, everthing was going good untill we decided to have our evening meal (guess who forgot to pack the saucepan), so sandwiches were prepared.
    The Van performed very well and we are very pleased with it.

Originally posted by oldun View Post
    We took the Van out again last week. We went to Harlech for one night. The weather was overcast on Wednseday but sunny on Thursday. The outing went very well, everthing was going good untill we decided to have our evening meal (guess who forgot to pack the saucepan), so sandwiches were prepared.
    ok you need 1) a checklist and 2) a light weight set of cooking stuff that lives in the van.Lots to choose from,happy hunting.
    p.s keep an eye on charity shops and pound shops,why pay more?
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      ok you need 1) a checklist and 2) a light weight set of cooking stuff that lives in the van.Lots to choose from,happy hunting.
      p.s keep an eye on charity shops and pound shops,why pay more?
      I agree. Got a lovely three tier steamer for my Mum and Dad's caravan in a charity shop for £2.

The only thing that walks in and out of the van is my double skillet, useful in the house as well as the van, but can't afford two!!

I often find that I run out of things in the house, so go and borrow it from the caravan stock, hence, when I get somewhere, I then remember that I never replaced the item I borrowed...

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        I agree. Got a lovely three tier steamer for my Mum and Dad's caravan in a charity shop for £2.

The only thing that walks in and out of the van is my double skillet, useful in the house as well as the van, but can't afford two!!

I often find that I run out of things in the house, so go and borrow it from the caravan stock, hence, when I get somewhere, I then remember that I never replaced the item I borrowed...
        ----------------------------
        I think we paid about a tenner for our 3 pan steamer from Wilkinson's. Lives in the van. V useful. (Ho ho. Lucky I spotted that I had written a TENNA and corrected it before posting!!)

I find us borrowing from the tins cupboard in the van (eg tins of tomatoes) because the van is better styocked than the kitchen cupboard!

As yet, my skillet hasn't made it to the van... I think maybe we should have bought the smaller one but am blowed if I'm buying a second one!
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by oldun View Post
          We took the Van out again last week. We went to Harlech for one night. The weather was overcast on Wednseday but sunny on Thursday. The outing went very well, to forgot to pack the saucepan), so sandwiches were prepared.
          Where did you stay at Harlech? We love the beach there, the dog friendly section is great!

We have stayed at Min y Don a couple of times, but it's getting a tad expensive to stay there, even though they won Loo of the Year Award in 2012!!
          Mary

Comment

There's this one -

http://www.woodlandsparkharlech.com/

Seems reasonable, but then add on for awnings, etc...

and there's also another campsite on Beach Road, I assume next door to the very expensive Caravan Club one, but I can't find any details for it.

Can't find if dogs are allowed or not on either site... Something I have in mind myself if I get chance.

Comment

Stay in Harlech

Hello,
              We stayed at Min-Y-Don. It was expensive (£22.00 per night). As stated it has won Loo of The Year 2012, and I must agree, they are good enough for a top hotel.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X