As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

squeek found at last

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeek found at last

Do other R20s have rattles and squeaks,are HILOs worse HITOPs. At times this HILO has had an annoying squeak since nearly new but has got worse over the last year after many attempts to trace it I finally found it today.I've cured it temporarily,but a permanent solution will be more difficult as its hard to get at(the roof hinge brackets)I've got a cunning plan or two to try so we will see if they work.The fact that I couldn't find the squeak annoyed me more than the squeaking!!Only a rattle or two to find now.
    Joe
    Last edited by joe; 16-06-2012, 21:41. Reason: spelling correction
    If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

I get a few squeaks and some groans but I suspect its my age and mileage

Rick
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Comment

You are going to miss that squeek.
      derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
        Do other R20s have rattles and squeaks,are HILOs worse HITOPs. At times this HILO has had an annoying squeak since nearly new but has got worse over the last year after many attempts to trace it I finally found it today.I've cured it temporarily,but a permanent solution will be more difficult as its hard to get at(the roof hinge brackets)I've got a cunning plan or two to try so we will see if they work.The fact that I couldn't find the squeak annoyed me more than the squeaking!!Only a rattle or two to find now.
        Joe
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Yes, our Hilo has a couple of tame mice as well! I put a folded bit of kitchen paper into the catches for the roof (one of which squeaks more than the other) and another to stop the door from under the sink rattling. Not a high tec solution perhaps, but the paper works!! I guess maybe something needs tighening.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X