As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf dividers?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelf dividers?

We have a duo, and I just wondered if anyone had found a way of dividing the cupboards at the front. I tend to put stuff in but can't pile it too high or it all falls out!! So there is so much wasted space above what I put in, any ideas how to use this? I thought if there is a way someone on here would know?

Originally posted by Suewho View Post
    We have a duo, and I just wondered if anyone had found a way of dividing the cupboards at the front. I tend to put stuff in but can't pile it too high or it all falls out!! So there is so much wasted space above what I put in, any ideas how to use this? I thought if there is a way someone on here would know?
    Hi Sue

We have a Romahome Dimension so I am not sure if this info is any use but we have space savers in our cupboards we bought from Wilko, you might be able to buy something similar for your size cupboard, here is my video of them:

http://youtu.be/B-YZx-F6s-0
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham, watched video, now will scour Wilko's. That is an ideal solution for wasted space.

Comment

Shelf dividers

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        Hi Sue

We have a Romahome Dimension so I am not sure if this info is any use but we have space savers in our cupboards we bought from Wilko, you might be able to buy something similar for your size cupboard, here is my video of them:

http://youtu.be/B-YZx-F6s-0
        Hi I've had the same problem but I don't think they are stocked by Wilkeys any more , I've found these at Lakeland's but havn't measured the Dimension cuboards.
        Details:-Cat.Ref. 22249 17"x6"x7" £ 7-99p

"" 22248 101/4"x71/2"x7" £ 7-99p
        There is also other sizes.
        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post
          Hi I've had the same problem but I don't think they are stocked by Wilkeys any more ,
          Funnily enough we saw some in our local Wilko's the other day but they were on the reduced shelf, only about £2.99 I think. Perhaps they are being discontinued.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I have searched Wilko's site and can't find them. The ones in Lakeland look ok, will b measuring tomorrow!

Comment

...sorry to disappoint, but neither the Wilko nor the Lakeland varieties fit in the Outlook cupboards because of the essentially diagonal nature of the cupboards - both of the vertical walls lean inwards but at different rates. Just like my Victorian house - there are no right-angles!

I am exploring the potential of cut down milk cartons - the 4 litre variety!

Liz

Comment

Yes got to agree with you they wouldn't fit. Am intrigued about the milk cartons! Will watch this space for an update, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizp View Post
                  I am exploring the potential of cut down milk cartons - the 4 litre variety!

Liz
                  Been there, done that! Although ours was a storage solution for the Dimension bathroom, we pinched the idea from Wendy in her Dimension. Here's the video:

http://youtu.be/6jwgOURZwOo
                  Graham

Comment

Yes I have found milk cartons to be very useful - we have a small one in the small cupboard above the sink (in an R20 Lo) for storing a small bottle of oil, mini jam-jar with mixed herbs, another small jar with gravy granules and a couple of other bits & pieces to stop them rattling around.
                    Oh yes I recently added a bottle opener/corkscrew after Geoff was unable to open his bottle of Valhalla beer in Shetland (I was OK as I my cider was in a can!)

While we were away my original storage idea for cutlery fell apart (it was a large plastic bag that came with some car sundries following a service and had been stored for several years in my "come in useful one day" cupboard until we bought Artoo)

So this is my new idea - the small one holds dining cutlery, the larger one holds cooking utensils and they fit in nicely alongside the cool bag which holds all plates, cutting boards, pans, etc (under the seat)

NB it is not easy to see in the photo, but I left the handles on to make it easy to lift the cartons up from the storage space (I just tried to take another but the light is not good today)
                    Last edited by Artoo02; 13-07-2012, 17:07. Reason: thought of something else!
                    Sue

Comment

how about using plastic boxes e.g. the disposable freezer/sandwich boxes or rectangular ice cream boxes that come in various sizes - cut away the sides for easier access???/

Comment

In the C15 I use a plastic "bacon storage" box for cutlery - keep a tea towel in there too to stop rattling - and in same space have kitchen roll - and a really neat fold up purple trivet, the essential bottle opener/corkscrew and of course the swiss army knife - who'd be without one?
                        and I have plastic boxes of various sizes from tiny to quite big in the cupboards - makes for easier access.

Comment

I've always used the plastic baskets you can get in various sizes from poundshops in the cupboards in my vans. You can stack a couple providing the bottom one isn't full to the top.

It's always a good game when I change vans, deciding which fits best where.

Comment

I bought stiff/firm plastic storage boxes, cut out the fronts of them leaving the sides and back in tact (and about an inch on each side of cut out side, for strength) and stand them upside down. Makes a shelf with storage underside too. As they are quite short in length i rest a piece of stiff cardboard on top to make a shelf.

I used ones like these, cut out the front and invert;

I also bought a plastic washing up tidy thing, the one for cutlery and it sits wide side down or label side up if that makes sense, and so makes shelves and pockets for small things like batteries, torches etc. £1.99

Same as this one;

As this one slopes it is ideal as things don't fall out.
                            Last edited by Flo; 15-07-2012, 23:20.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X