As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! Got me a Duo - I think...

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! Got me a Duo - I think...

Y'all helped me avoid a potentially hazardous decision with all the song and dance around the last Duo I looked at. Paid off big time cause I'm off to snap up another, better-specced, perfectly-documented and beloved beast of a Duo. The most adorable elderly couple (Roma club members) are terribly sad to part with 'Rosie', but part with her they must - and have they ever taken care of her! Off to the Welsh borders to seal the deal on Sunday. Whoopee! When and where's the next meet????
    Bless you all!!
    Jacquie

So glad you found the right one!:so happy:

Comment

Great news Jacquie - I bet Sunday can't come fast enough :so happy:
      Mary

Comment

Would that be the Welsh Border not far from Oswestry, by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
          Would that be the Welsh Border not far from Oswestry, by any chance?
          'erm, mebbe. Do you know of the little van in question?

Comment

[QUOTE=Vanderella;47748]Great news Jacquie - I bet Sunday can't come fast enough :so happy:[/QU

Too right Vanderella - I just hope there won't be any nasty surprises. The ticker won't take it!

Comment

Hi Jacqui,
              Think I've seen this advertised on the Roma Club site, Steve who is 'Nightowl' on here flagged it up on here sometime ago in the for sale section, on the owners behalf..... One shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it feels more reassuring that it's been owned by a club member. I hope it's a great one when you see it, let us all know won't you?
              Heres to happy Roming
              Andyvan

Comment

Originally posted by andyvan View Post
                Hi Jacqui,
                Think I've seen this advertised on the Roma Club site, Steve who is 'Nightowl' on here flagged it up on here sometime ago in the for sale section, on the owners behalf..... One shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it feels more reassuring that it's been owned by a club member. I hope it's a great one when you see it, let us all know won't you?
                Heres to happy Roming
                Andyvan
                Thanks Andyvan. I'm really trying HARD not to count chickens but after a couple of chats and a recital of service history and recent work done, looks pretty good -the polar opposite of the last disappointment. It'll be too embarrassing after getting so excited if this one turns out to be a dud too!

Comment

Originally posted by jacsprat View Post
                  'erm, mebbe. Do you know of the little van in question?
                  I believe I have met the current owners a couple of times, if it is who I think it is! It's about 3 miles up the road from me. I think I may have spent a couple of hours one evening in Rosie at a site in Derbyshire about 6 years ago, supping a few wines. They are friends of Lunnie. (Joan)

Comment

Have just checked the Roma site and yes, it is the van I know.

Comment

Originally posted by jacsprat View Post
                      Y'all helped me avoid a potentially hazardous decision with all the song and dance around the last Duo I looked at. Paid off big time cause I'm off to snap up another, better-specced, perfectly-documented and beloved beast of a Duo. The most adorable elderly couple (Roma club members) are terribly sad to part with 'Rosie', but part with her they must - and have they ever taken care of her! Off to the Welsh borders to seal the deal on Sunday. Whoopee! When and where's the next meet????
                      Bless you all!!
                      Jacquie
                      I know who owns Rosie and you can trust the owners completely.This really is a genuine sale because of old age and poor health.Its a good van.
                      Well done. When you meet George and Anita please say that Ian stockley sends his regards.
                      Last edited by Ian.C.S; 18-07-2012, 21:57.
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Sounds like Gander's van they used to come on here a bit and came to a couple of meets too.

George and Anita I think they are called, a lovely couple, I'm sure it will be a great van, congratulations, hope the deal goes through without a hitch.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                          I believe I have met the current owners a couple of times, if it is who I think it is! It's about 3 miles up the road from me. I think I may have spent a couple of hours one evening in Rosie at a site in Derbyshire about 6 years ago, supping a few wines. They are friends of Lunnie. (Joan)
                          Ha! What a coincidence! Yes, they're the ones. I guess they've been trying to sell the van for a while - glad to hear Rosie has seen some good times. And I remember chatting with Lunnie from my original stint on the site a few years ago - it all bodes well!
                          I really really hope it'll all be good for both of our sakes. I got the impression they'd like to have it done and dusted, and I'd like to get bloomin' camping before the snow starts a flyin'.
                          I'll wave to you when I drive by on Sunday!
                          Jacquie

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                            I know who owns Rosie and you can trust the owners completely.This really is a genuine sale because of old age and poor health.Its a good van.
                            Well done. When you meet George and Anita please say that Ian stockley sends his regards.
                            Yay!!! I sure will Ian - and thanks for calling me a silly plank when I was considering the OTHER van!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              Sounds like Gander's van they used to come on here a bit and came to a couple of meets too.

George and Anita I think they are called, a lovely couple, I'm sure it will be a great van, congratulations, hope the deal goes through without a hitch.
                              Whoohoo!!
                              Thanks Graham -
                              Anita was sooooo adorable and friendly on the phone. I think I'll want to take her along with the van!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X