This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citroen summer check offer

Our R20 sailed through its MOT and is not due for its service for several months yet.

Having had a minor scare during our recent trip to N. ireland (the engine appeared to be overheating, but the nice man from the AA said all was well), I intend to take advantage of this offer from Citroen. It may be of interest to you.

Citroen: Summer check £29.95

23 point health check, including basics such as checking fluid levels, vehicle exterior, under bonnet, vehicle underside (ie tyres, battery, shock absorbers, etc )

4 litres of screen wash, anti-insect sponge & windscreen sunshield.

If nothing else, it will be nice to re-assured that all is, as we believe, well with our pride and joy.
    Carpe diem! :)

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
    Our R20 sailed through its MOT and is not due for its service for several months yet.

Having had a minor scare during our recent trip to N. ireland (the engine appeared to be overheating, but the nice man from the AA said all was well), I intend to take advantage of this offer from Citroen. It may be of interest to you.

Citroen: Summer check £29.95

23 point health check, including basics such as checking fluid levels, vehicle exterior, under bonnet, vehicle underside (ie tyres, battery, shock absorbers, etc )

If nothing else, it will be nice to re-assured that all is, as we believe, well with our pride and joy.

I'm willing to bet they find something wrong or am I being cynical?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      I'm willing to bet they find something wrong or am I being cynical?
      No-one is born a cynic!
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I'd imagine that all sponges are "anti-insect", when they meet head-on
        Neil

Comment

Would love to try the Citroen check but suspect my nearest dealer may be a long way away (at least 130 miles) and the Slug has its MOT tomorrow. I'll be devastated if it doesn't pass

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
            Would love to try the Citroen check but suspect my nearest dealer may be a long way away (at least 130 miles) and the Slug has its MOT tomorrow. I'll be devastated if it doesn't pass
            Fingers crossed for that, Cedas!

Comment

(As posted on FB)

‎'Ooh! You've not been here before!' the lady said, rubbing her hands with glee. 'Let me give you details of this special service contract that you could take out. Only £412, spread over 31 monthly payments of £12.88. his contract will cover your vehicle for 3 services. '

My reply was, 'Ken Leigh services all our vehicles.' (He has the garage a few hundred yards down the road and has looked after all our cars for years!) 'Anyway, we NEVER pay for things by installments!'

'The benefit of paying this way is 10% discount on this and that, 50% discount on MOT Test for duration of plan, etc. etc.'

It certainly is a sign of the times that one is encouraged to pay on the never never for things, rather than pay each bill in full as it comes.

What do you think?

Comment

Ouch. Confirmed by my regular local garage, it seems the van really does need its brake fluid replacing AND four new tyres.

To be honest, I'm not surprised by either. Apparently it is a common problem with vehicles with a low mileage to have the outer walls of the tyres crack, as the vehicles are not moved enough.

Likewise, the brake fluid should be replced at regular intervals.

This is proving to be an expensive month.

Comment

Oh dear, Sue! Usually brake fluid is topped up/replaced at a yearly full service - well mine is on my car. And yes, tyre walls do crack, it's recommended on a caravan to change them every five years, whether cracked or not. But cracked tyres are not good....

Go for some decent van spec tyres though, don't get ordinary car tyres, they are not much more expensive but last a lot longer - and your van will feel that much steadier and grip the road much better.

Comment

Thanks for this advice, jayjay. I think that, rather than go to Kwikfit, I'll ask my trusty local garage to do them for me. I'll pass on your words of wisdom.

Am not to sure that running a campervan, swanning off whenever the fancy takes me, is necessarily a cheap way of life, but it's not such a bad way of spending the children's inheritance!

Comment

Do I recall a mention, on here or possibly elsewhere, of some stuff for painting on tyre sidewalls to help prevent cracking?
                      Geoff

Comment

Brake fluid top ups part of service.

Brake fluid change extra job. Citroen recommend every 3 years as dot3 is hygroscopic. Our Romahome is 5years old and still on original fluid and braking does not seem to have detiorated, it can be tested.

Peter

Comment

Sue,
                          Have heard very good reports of blackcircles.com, if you're buying 4 could be a worthwhile saving, or at a least comparison wth the price your local garage can get them for!
                          I've not used them yet.
                          Andy

Comment

Ouch. Confirmed by my regular local garage, it seems the van really does need its brake fluid replacing AND four new tyres.

To be honest, I'm not surprised by either. Apparently it is a common problem with vehicles with a low mileage to have the outer walls of the tyres crack, as the vehicles are not moved enough.

Likewise, the brake fluid should be replced at regular intervals.

This is proving to be an expensive month.
                            hI Sue,
                            If you havn't already replaced your tyres read some of Ants fairly recent reply about tyres, the original van tyres where made of hard rubber for high mileage rather than long life softer rubber tyres of the same rating will last longer.I don't how to the put Ants archive thread on here but a search for tyres in Ants section finds it!
                            Joe
                            If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Well I did my own checks today. As we are spending two weeks away I feel happier knowing eveything is Tickety boo. The tyres have been changed recently and the spare is new. The car was serviced in February prior to sale. All fluids as easy peasey to check as is the oil. I dont trust main dealers anyway so I would visit my Citroen dealer reluctantly, and for a service my local garage is cheaper and they would do a thorough job. I have used them for 15 years. Doing the checks myself allows me to know its ok. I am no mechanic but its really simple. Top up the screen wash, polish Brian within an inch of his life and he's ready.

A polished vehicle sheds the dirt easily and anyway we love Brian to look his best when he goes out.

Looking forward to two weeks in Yorkshire. I have done my Web research and found lots of things to do and places to visit.

Smoke us a kipper we will be back for breakfast.
                              Rick
                              Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X