This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awning for R25

Do people put Fiamma awnings on their Romahomes with a back door? I am going to be going abroad and want just a sunscreen that can easily be erected. I have looked at the Outdoor type of awning but I think that would take quite awhile to put up especially if I am on my own.

Annie
    Annie:waving:

I'm sorry I've no idea about a fiamma type roll wind out awning being fitted to a romahome, I can't recall seeing them on any other than the R30. They aren't listed as an option for the R25 on the romahome website. I haven't tried one, but maybe something like this may work??
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
      I'm sorry I've no idea about a fiamma type roll wind out awning being fitted to a romahome, I can't recall seeing them on any other than the R30. They aren't listed as an option for the R25 on the romahome website. I haven't tried one, but maybe something like this may work??
      Wow Glen! That's a good compromise! Looks just the job and approx £300 cheaper?

I know my parents had a Fiamma roll out/wind out one on their MH, they used it once as it was so difficult to put away for them, mind you they are getting on...
      Last edited by jayjay; 15-03-2010, 16:47.

Comment

Hi Annie

Just for your infomation I have fitted a Fiamma Caravan Store to my C15, I keep it on the van all the time, "locked in place" to prevent a quick theft. It is very easy to errect, a bit harder to roll up, easer with two people.
        The hardest part of the job was attaching the awning channel on each side of the van, but I only needed to do that once.
        But I think, for you, the awning that Glen suggests would be ideal.
        Attached Files
        Regards Martin :thumbsup:

Comment

We had a caravan awning rail on the side of our C15 and used a simple sunshade canopy that we had from our caravan. I still have the canopy but have not plucked up the courage to fasten the awning rail onto our Outlook, I have become "chicken"

Comment

Annie

When??? the R25 finally arrives (only 2 weeks late!) looks like we are going for a Movelite XL. We looked at the Movelite Square which Graham has but I think it is too low for the back door of an R25.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Thanks for all you replies. I like the look of Martin's Fiamma Caravan Store as it gives a sun canopy which is all I need. It looks to be very like the one my brother has as a porch awning on his caravan.

I have looked at the Movelite XL on the internet but I am not sure if I would be able too put it up on my own!

Comment

Must admit I like the look of those kyham motordomes as I think they are very stable in a wind and are designed to go up easily.

Is there no firm collection date yet on the R25 Tony?

Comment

Sue
                  Given up asking just getting conflicting reasons, probably won't even make Wolverley.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

I visited Freeborn where I am buying the R25 from, at the weekend. There was an R25 in the showroom with a Fiamma wind out canopy awning fitted so I have ordered one as well.

I also asked if there were any collection delays predicted and I was told no, there wasn't. So I can only hope!!

Comment

Well I hope you are luckier than us Annie, now 4 weeks overdue.Stuffed our Easter.

Was that Southampton or Godalming?

Tony Anchorman
                      Last edited by anchorman; 29-03-2010, 22:32.

Comment

It is disappointing Tony but the wait will come to an end. Have you been given a new date? I know that you were given the end of March but clearly that is not happening.

Comment

It was Southampton, Tony. I doubt I will be any luckier than you so I can see my Whitsun being ruined.

Comment

Shhhh keep it quiet but apparently the vehicle left the island today....... we hope.
                            Might even make Wolverley!

Tony Anchorman

Comment

EVERYBODY TONY'S R25 IS ON ITS WAY, IT IS ON A BOAT........
                              ........whoops, okay will keep it quiet Tony.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X