As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 HyLo - seat width?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 HyLo - seat width?

Please could someone tell me - how wide is the seat?

Could I use a seat as a single or would I have to make the double up every night? I know it says can be used as two singles or a double - but I can't get comfy on less than 2ft 6ins!

I have a camping self inflating mattress that is only 20 inches wide and I hang over the edges!

Hi Caz - no help to you whatsoever in the hilo department, but I have a crafty way of widening my bed in the caravan. I pull it away from the wall by about two inches, so I don't clonk my knees! Although it hangs off the inside by two inches, it is perfectly stable and doesn't tip off! I used to do this with the one in my demoutable romahome as well, just pull it away from the wall a bit! Just thought it might help whilst waiting for a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
      Please could someone tell me - how wide is the seat?

Could I use a seat as a single or would I have to make the double up every night? I know it says can be used as two singles or a double - but I can't get comfy on less than 2ft 6ins!

I have a camping self inflating mattress that is only 20 inches wide and I hang over the edges!

If no-one else answers will measure mine tomorrow - personally always put the double up - I like the space and it is so easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes - well worth it.

Comment

Just found this on ebay - a bit pricy but might be something you could consider!
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOURING-CA...item20c9bacb16

Comment

...OK I gave in (the pitfalls of working at home for the day!) I have just been out to measure the seat cushion in my 1998 Duo Hitop. The cushion is 21" by itself. it already sits 3" away from the wall and, as JayJay says will balance about 2" over the edge.

Hope some of that helps...

Liz

Comment

Thanks, guess I'll cross Romahomes off my list then.

I really thought they'd be wider than that.

Comment

It only sits away from the side because the backrest cushion is in place.

Don't write one off. Get inside one and try it. I thought that they would be too narrow and short for me but they aren't

Peter

Comment

Yes, I really need to try one for myself - but there aren't any for sale round here. I should have been to see Anita & George before they sold Rosie - not that I could have afforded her, but I could have tried out her beds.

Comment

Hi Caz

Not sure what your budget is but there are some nice ones for sale here at varying prices.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/smallmotorhomesf.html

The demountable is cheap and if you can run to £9,000 Peter Fowden's Duo is a beauty.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham, I have looked at these. The only one in my budget is the demountable and Cornwall is an awfully long way from here!

Comment

Finally got round to measuring my seat cushions = 21" too. But unless you have dogs that need the between bed space. I would just put the double bed out - it is really easy to get ready

Comment

That's the problem - if I make up the double the dog will be straight on to it, if I leave it as 2 singles he may stay in his bed on the floor.

Probably not though.

Comment

Double bed big enough for dog and 2 people unless huge bed owning dog - I have no dog now but in past life had a dog who thought he owned my daughter's bed (her fault). Train dog to sleep in cab!!

Comment

My Jazz is too big for the cab seats. But if I could leave it as 2 singles, he would sleep on the other one and leave me in peace. If it's a double he insists on being on it and keeps kicking me and snoring in my ear.

Mind you I should be used to that 'cos he does it at home. Yes, I know, my fault for allowing him, in my defence he was only young when my husband died and I let him sleep upstairs to guard us, of course he ended up on the bed.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X