As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shepton Mallet Motorhome Show

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shepton Mallet Motorhome Show

Hi All

We enjoyed our maiden voyage this last w/e and are now (I expect as everyone does) looking for more gadgets! As usual as I see from browsing the forum its awnings and those sliver window things that are top of the list.

We thought about going to the Sept Motorhome show at Shepton Mallet ans stopping the Friday night probably.
    It will be the first time to stay over at a show - If people have been before what sort of facilities are there? Is it a good show? Is anybody planning to go?
    Couldn't see a thread for the 2012 show so I hope its ok to start a new one.

we went to the shepton mallet show last year but didnt stop overnight.We saw the vans camping in rows and people looked happy enough but could not say what was on offer.As for the show it was really good with something for every interest with gadgets in plenty and cheap.As a show it is well worth a visit i would say 'We had a good chat on the Romahome stand with Brian B and Neville from isle of wight and Southampton and enjoyed that as we learn a lot that way.Its probably on a level with the show at Malvern also a very good one with a massive display of trade stands and my guess is you will buy ..........lots of things ......and be pleased...Mark and Shirley

Comment

Thanks - we are looking forward to going to a show and actually having something to buy stuff for. Turns out we will be making use of my family for overnighting in the end. I get the feeling anyway that being in the middle of rows of big vans might not be that appealing, especially in a dinky Romahome!
      Steve

Comment

Although the showground is my "local" one - I have to say it is looking rather tired now, and really could do with a facelift - which has been mooted, but nothing heard about the plan since!!

Personally, I would only stay a weekend there if I was self contained - which is a bit difficult, because as far as I know, there are no EHU points on the site.
        I guess you could use a generator, though.

Plenty of room there - facilities just about adequate, I would say - but have never eaten there, so can't comment on that.

There is a lovely little train track that takes you around a little lake - worth a spin.

The show itself is definately a good one, though - if you can't get it there - it probably isn't being made!!!

Mike

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X