This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you level.....

up a motorhome? Seems a daft question really, but is it something that comes with practice or is there a knack to it? Are there any special blocks? we have something called chocks in our storage, but unfortunately our little three way leveller disappeared when we had some work done on our motorhome, we have only just realized it's gone so we know we need one of those, but it's the driving on and off levellers that is going to give us some funny moments!!
    Jessie

When we had the romahome, we generally just pitched up and found as level a spot as possible, we did have 1 of those 2 way spirit level things to help. Our last van had adjustable rear air suspension, so that made things easy. This van, we use the leveller ramps and the spirit level thingy. Its not that difficult with good clutch control and my other half guiding me!!!
    We bought the cheapest going, you can get them with 'steps' on them to make it easier.

Just practise with them or find a pitch where others can't laugh when you drive off the top of them!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hello Jessie

We use levelling blocks LIKE THESE and it's just a matter of getting as level as you can using a spirit level.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

we lower the legs then I keep my eye on a half filled water bottle which I stand on the drainer

Comment

If you do use levellers, try to place the 'van so that you're using them under the front tyres if poss, or the height where you get out of the back door is a long way off the ground. having said that, remember to check which way you're driving away from a drive away awning, if you have one! If you have to reverse down the levellers towards the awning, you're going the wrong way!

I managed fine on my own, by myself with mine, just put em under the relevent wheels and reversed back 3-5 inches! There was no-one to help and I was the only person camping at a small CC... so I just had to get on with it!

I also used a two-way leveller.

I have to admit, I would often drive round and round until the van 'felt' like it had hit a pretty level spot, and it usually was!

Comment

We usually make a cuppa and as long as the cup doesnt slide off the worktop we know we wont fall out of bed.

Comment

We use a very scientific approach that won't work for all. It has two steps:
              1. Is your head higher than your feet? If so, great, if not adjust.
              2. Having established 1. above, when you lie on the bed, do you roll to one side?. If so adjust.
              Not very technical, but it works for us. We do have a four way level spirit, but rarely use it as the above seem to do the trick.
              Aileen. x

Comment

Oh and if the above don't work we threaten each other with divorce/separation.

Comment

thanks for your replies did give me a giggle. But it seems it is a bit trial and error and practice making perfect. I do like the idea of finding a spot where no -one can see you.....

as for divorce we have nearly been there a few times ...maybe once again is on the cards
                  Jessie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X