As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside in.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside in.

Hi all,

I'm just back from an excellent two day conference put on by the Bat Conservation Trust at York University. I had two nights at Manor Farm Campsite which is near the racecourse. I thought I would be paying through the nose for parking so Aud put the bike in the back of the van for me and I cycled into York on Saturday. At the uni on Saturday, I noticed it was free parking at the weekend so Sunday morning I happily packed up the van and put the bike back in. I didn't want to be late for the first session. I felt rather pleased with myself getting organised and ready to be there on time when I noticed the roof was still up!

It was either get the bike back out after strapping it in tight nice and tight to the table leg or bringing the roof down from the outside. Once I had pulled it down (not easy from outside) and pushed in the plastic etc, I leaned back into the van like a limbo dancer to get the clips on. It wasn't easy but I managed it!

I should have a check list - last time we were away, I noticed I'd been driving around for a fortnight with the gas cylinder still in the on position!

BA

get a childs teething ring the one large keys write on keys each item then attach to handbrake and store in gas locker tied to cylinder
    so first thing you do is turn on gas and retrieve it then attach to handbrake then last thing you do is turn off gas and attach to cylinder and you cant forget to do the items as it a check list

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post
      get a childs teething ring the one large keys write on keys each item then attach to handbrake and store in gas locker tied to cylinder
      so first thing you do is turn on gas and retrieve it then attach to handbrake then last thing you do is turn off gas and attach to cylinder and you cant forget to do the items as it a check list
      That's a very clever idea!!

Comment

I hang one of those clear keyrings (the type you put a photo in) that on a lanyard, to the sun visor when i park up, with a check list on it.

Close Roof Vent
        Wind Up Steadies
        Turn Off Gas
        Disconect Electrical Hook Up
        Turn Fridge on to Driving

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X