This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movelite awning

we have yet to try out our awning as it has done nothing but rain rain rain.

my question is, even though it is a driveaway awning I have been looking at some of the touring pitches and they don't look long enough to park and attach an awning at the rear!! Most motorhomes have side awnings and that seems to be where the extra space is on the pitch. Does it seem a daft idea to place the ''driveaway'' awning to the side of the romahome or does it not work like that? Well, if I don't ask I'll never know as daft as the question may be
    Jessie

we didn't ever have a problem with space for the awning at the back, we use mainly club sites though and their pitches are usually quite generous. On one private site it was a bit of a squeeze but as the movelite opens on all three sides we could pitch it right up to the back of our pitch ( a hedge) and use the side doors. The movelite can be used freestanding, so there would be no harm in putting it at the van, it would be more of a storage tent than an awning though!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I was only wanting a storage tent at the begining but the other half wanted an awning to sit in for extra space. As I said we haven't put the awning up yet so I can't give my opinion, what really puts me off is being stuck at the back of the van and not being able to people watch especially if up against a hedge
      Jessie

Comment

park sideways on the pitch, problem solved!!
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment