This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprised

by how much room there is in our outlook when packing our stuff up for our weekend trip. 1st time away in it and am pretty well organised!! Well, i'll soon find out when we get there! The thing is, you can get carried away with what you want to take when you have plenty of room, so, I have to think logically because if we need to unhook and travel off down the road, I don't want to have to pack it all away again

I hope you all have an enjoyable easter weekend. Keep safe, keep smiling and happy travelling
    Jessie

Have a great weekend Jessie, we are staying at home - although looking at the weather that is perhaps not a bad thing

We have plans to decorate the hall, stairs and landing while we have a 4 days weekend.

Comment

Yes, they really are like travelling in a Tardis.

Which reminds me, Doctor Who returns this weekend.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham, Are you expecting to watch Dr Who this weekend? - haven't you read Pauline's plan for the Easter four days? You'll either be painting or sleeping!
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
          Graham, Are you expecting to watch Dr Who this weekend? - haven't you read Pauline's plan for the Easter four days? You'll either be painting or sleeping!
          Colin
          They are Pauline's plans, mine are entirely different.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
            by how much room there is in our outlook when packing our stuff up for our weekend trip. 1st time away in it and am pretty well organised!! Well, i'll soon find out when we get there! The thing is, you can get carried away with what you want to take when you have plenty of room, so, I have to think logically because if we need to unhook and travel off down the road, I don't want to have to pack it all away again

I hope you all have an enjoyable easter weekend. Keep safe, keep smiling and happy travelling
            It always amazed me how much went into my Roma! I did a three week trip to the Hebredes in mine, for approx 10 days of the journey, I was carrying a passenger, all his stuff plus his tent, my awning - and two guitars!

My first time away was also a weekend, to Wolverley to a SMH meet as it happens - two ? three ? years ago. I knew I'd packed everything, but could I remember where? Nope. I had to search for every little thing in every place you could put things.... On reflection, I wish now that I had labelled each place with what was inside. However, you soon get the hang of it... it's not long before you start remembering where you put things, and if it's all logically packed (i.e. cooking things next to the cooker, etc) you soon get the hang of it! I remember being very frustrated that weekend... LOL!!

Have a good trip Jessie!

Comment

have a good trip! we are off to the Yorks Moors tomorrow, hope its not too cold!!

Comment

Oooooooooo the rain!!!!!!

Well, it was an interesting trip, went better than expected. have a list of what we would like to change with regards cooking...the gas grill was a waste of time!!!! so electric toaster is on the list..for definate!!

We didn't try the awning out because of the rain, and the joy of the romahome was packing up inside in the dry and drive off. A few motorhomes and caravans got embedded into the grass and mud as it had softened so much but thank heavens for hard standing!

My feet were really cold!! the draught from the bottom vent on the back door was Brrrrrrrr but obviously you can't block the vents and the floor was cold.! We did have a mini radiator and it kept the chill off. But, on the whole we did enjoy the romahome and look forward to our trip in two weeks to Devizes and see if we managed to succeed with our little changes.

Hopefully the sun will shine this time

Right, better go and empty the motorhome out and give it a clean!!

enjoy the rest of the weekend, the sun is shining now
                Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
                  Oooooooooo the rain!!!!!!

Well, it was an interesting trip, went better than expected. have a list of what we would like to change with regards cooking...the gas grill was a waste of time!!!! so electric toaster is on the list..for definate!!

We didn't try the awning out because of the rain, and the joy of the romahome was packing up inside in the dry and drive off. A few motorhomes and caravans got embedded into the grass and mud as it had softened so much but thank heavens for hard standing!

My feet were really cold!! the draught from the bottom vent on the back door was Brrrrrrrr but obviously you can't block the vents and the floor was cold.! We did have a mini radiator and it kept the chill off. But, on the whole we did enjoy the romahome and look forward to our trip in two weeks to Devizes and see if we managed to succeed with our little changes.

Hopefully the sun will shine this time

Right, better go and empty the motorhome out and give it a clean!!

enjoy the rest of the weekend, the sun is shining now
                  Hi Jessiem
                  just a thought, most of the cold draught will be from the fridge external vent, you should have a plastic cover, usually in the external locker, which covers the fridge vent, you only need to remove it when the weather warms up and the fridge needs extra cooling.
                  Carpet tiles are warm and washable for the well, and dont forget,if your cab vents are open you will get a through draught - chilly this time of year.
                  last thought - that sexy item of all caravanners - bedsocks!
                  goodluck
                  Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

We have been trying to stop the draughts at the back of our Outlook.

1. I found a gap under the fridge and blocked that up with a piece cut off some pipe insulation.

2. I replaced the ventilator under the back door with a piece of flat aluminium with holes in it covered by a sliding vent so that we can control the air flow. (I will try to take some photos to explain

Comment

Hi Jessie, it sounds like you had a good time in spite of rain and draughts!

The back door vent needs a slider, so that you can choose how much draught through you want. I always take some decorating/masking tape just in case the wind is blowing against the back door and tape it up. You won't find it so draughty when your awning is on the back though. You can block some of the vents, especially the back door one, if it's freezing and blowing in your direction, there are plenty more out-of-the-way ones underneath lockers, etc for one to be decomissioned until the wind blows from a different direction.

Peter, there are supposed to be two gaps where the fridge is situated - one underneath on the floor, one on the side where the 'exhaust' is. I think the theory is that the floor one draws air in (to cool and to get rid of any fumes) and the one to the back of the fridge is where it exits. it's a cool air entry and a hot air exit, the fridge won't work properly without them.
                      http://www.caravanandmotorhomebooks....ridges_two.htm
                      Last edited by jayjay; 04-04-2010, 16:43.

Comment

Fridges are supposed to be sealed to the inside and vented to the outside

Comment

The right hand diagram on Jayjays link shows the setup in an Outlook but I also found a gap uner the door of the fridge which I sealed with the pipe lagging

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                            Fridges are supposed to be sealed to the inside and vented to the outside
                            Have Romahome started room sealing the fridge? Our 2004 Duo Hylo wasn't, I would have preferred if it had been. The Dometic instructions allow the fridge to be fitted either way in a caravan or motorhome. If the top, outside fridge vent is removed you can see daylight round the sides and top of the fridge into the inside of the van together with a large hole alongside the base of the grill where the gas pipe comes round. I guess this helps ventilate the innards of the van and provide air for the grill. It does however mean that things can get a bit draughty
                            Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X