As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Island Plastics - Hitch Hiker

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Island Plastics - Hitch Hiker

I've had an interesting email from someone who is looking for an Island Plastics Hitch Hiker designed by Barry Stimpson, I had never heard of it, so I did a google search and found this.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...t&thread=95475

Anyone else know anything about it?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

on a Fiat Ritmo ? somebody needs their head examined

Comment

I want one that would really cause a stir on a campsite! What an extraodinary thing.

Comment

most peculiar! I wonder what it did to the suspension?

Comment

That's intriguing!
          derek b and Babs

Comment

Fun to take it to the friendly MOT!!!!!!

Comment

Brilliant - wonder how it actually fitted onto the car? how about insurance? Would it count as a trailer.. a roof box...????

Comment

TO BE FAIR this Barry stimson is a very clever chap andmost of his design work borders on complete brilliance and next door to genius that is cost effective..................well thats what i think ............so i must be impressed...........love the photo....thanks

Comment

I never saw one, but do 'just' remember coverage of it..... I think it attached by towbar and roof fittings so was very detatchable, an MOT inspector would never have to see it! I bet the fold out panels and floor mean't it was drafty and cold.
                  Looked smart and futuristic then, but imho one of those ideas much better in concept than reality! Wonder how many were made? Do like loads of Barry Stimsons ideas, the romahome concept his best!
                  Andyvan

Comment

These types of "clip on" camper attachments are quite popular in mainland europe so perhaps not such a crazy idea really.
                    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      I've had an interesting email from someone who is looking for an Island Plastics Hitch Hiker designed by Barry Stimpson, I had never heard of it, so I did a google search and found this.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...t&thread=95475

Anyone else know anything about it?
                      a lot of Stimpson`s ideas never got beyond the paste board or a one off,this may be one of them.
                      Several types of this camper shell available,not all detachable,we have had a few on this site.
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Just Imagine !

Its Dark, Windy and Persistantly Raining and you need the spare wheel out from under the boot carpet !

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X