As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondered where you all go camping?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondered where you all go camping?

May sound silly, and I'm not trying to be rude or upset anyone I promise, but in the 4 years we've had our van and the 280 nights spent away in it, I have only ever seen one Romahome on a campsite! That was in 2009 at the FICC rally at Trinity Park. We do occasionally see them being driven as we go about our travels, but nobody ever seems to be camping in them! Obviously you do, judging by the posts on this forum, but we have been right up to the highlands, right down to the south west, we live in the east anyway so have seen a lot of that and have even been to Wales, so come on, where are you all hiding??

Everyone is hiding from you, your username scares us!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I tend to do weekend trips close to home ... within a 2 hour drive .. this weekend being a good example of going to Chertsey
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

I stopped coming on this forum a while ago because I found nobody much wanted to know you unless you had a Romahome, and the only people who ever replied to my threads were jayjay and Graham/Pauline - but it is called "small motorhome and friends" and I wasn't being unfriendly, just genuinely curious, honest!! And my van is probably even shorter than some of yours, its only 15ft 4ins long so surely qualifies as a small motorhome!! Come on guys, take my posts in the spirit that they are meant. I'm actually quite envious of some of you, your Romahomes look lovely and would be ideal for us as a second car, we just can't afford to change our van at the moment and anyway, we do like it. I would not knowingly offend any of you. It was just a question thats all

Comment

Im certain Glens post was totally in jest madwoman

I dont have a romahome and am never likely to either, in fact I dont even have a motorhome at all, just an old and slightly curious folding camper but still find this forum a very friendly and interesting place, sure you will too
          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Am certain Glen was only teasing....talk about toilets, you'll get everyone joining in then!!

Comment

I was only joking madwoman, we don't have a romahome either and see surprisingly few of them on the sites we visit so maybe we are on the same sites as you???

Although this forum is romahome heavy, everyone is welcome and I'm really surprised you feel you aren't welcome here. Why not check out the fancy meeting up section and join us at a meet or rally and see just how friendly we really are? You will get lots of tea, cake and possibly BBQ and drinks too.
              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

cake - ooo goody count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by madwoman View Post
                  cake - ooo goody count me in!
                  You're not having my share!

I don't think people look at what van you have before they reply. Lots on here are non Romahome owners. It's a lovely family.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I'll bring extra cake for you Graham!
                    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Hi. Perhaps if you post suggestions re where and when you may next be camping, you will find SMHF members coming out of the woodwork! There are all sorts of campers / caravans / tents etc owned by forum members, and all ages, both of vehicles and of members! Indeed, I was sleeping in a small tent at festivals etc until just last year...and I'm a pensioner!

I have 2 SMHF labels (2 fit lengthwise on a A4 sheet) that I put up in the side windows sometimes when camping. People are often curious about my little van, so may as well harness that curiosity!

I also carry some of the small cards so that, when chatting to people on site, I can hand them out eg at festivals.

Don't give up on us, Madwoman. We are quite a nice bunch...you just haven't found us in the field yet! Keep looking.
                      Last edited by NomadSue; 03-10-2012, 14:02.
                      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Huff View Post
                        I'll bring extra cake for you Graham!

Whoo hoo
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Madwoman,

You're not my wife are you?

We also camp a lot being retired and we have a Romahome. I have to say that on the sites we visit we usually spot at least one other. We are members of the Camping and Caravanning Club and usually use their sites. Perhaps this is the case with a large proportion of Romahome owners, and, assuming you do not use C&CC sites, this might explain where we are all hiding.

Comment

I've only had a Romahome for 3 weeks, but I've been a member on here for 4 years, everyone has always been nice to me (even when I had a caravan) and when you meet them you find that they're even nicer!

Join in with a meet and you'll see lots of Romahomes - plus all sorts of other units as well. On the last one I went to there were 4 very different caravans and at least 5 campervans/motorhomes that weren't Romahomes.

Comment

Hi Madwoman, i pick my Romahome up on saturday and i have to agree with you. I have been caravaning now over 30 years i have never seen one on a site either, in fact i only got to see them by finding this forum by mistake reading the posts and then checking out the gallery and the forsale section. I have also only ever seen three at dealers, an old c15 a hylo and the one i have just bought.
                              Hoping to see a few more and meet others on some of the rallies.:so happy:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X