As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water tank 1999 Hylo

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water tank 1999 Hylo

I have just fitted a new water pump and tap to the water system. I ran about 20 litres through and it all looked perfectly clear. My wife insisted on putting in some Milton and my word what came out was disgusting. I am continuing to clean and flushthe system and it is getting there. The tank looks perfect but the muck is in the pipe that cannot be seen. I am sure it has been mentioned before but just be careful.

Originally posted by fattygoosewing View Post
    I have just fitted a new water pump and tap to the water system. I ran about 20 litres through and it all looked perfectly clear. My wife insisted on putting in some Milton and my word what came out was disgusting. I am continuing to clean and flushthe system and it is getting there. The tank looks perfect but the muck is in the pipe that cannot be seen. I am sure it has been mentioned before but just be careful.
    Why not just replace the pipe
    Alf

Comment

replacing pipe

I am looking at how to do it right now.
      I think it is going to have to be done
      Thanks
      steve

Comment

Am sure I read somewhere that Miltons is not good for anything that has metal - ie could be the pump - will do a thread search and see if anythign comes up

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
          Am sure I read somewhere that Miltons is not good for anything that has metal - ie could be the pump - will do a thread search and see if anythign comes up
          You could be right - http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-...wresult-1.html
          Sue

Comment

milton

Thanks for that.
            I have ordered some new pipe it was not very expensive and I now know I should have done it when I did the tap and pump anyway lesson learned.
            Pureclean it is then.
            Thanks
            Steve

Comment

Water Treatment

Originally posted by fattygoosewing View Post
              Thanks for that.
              I have ordered some new pipe it was not very expensive and I now know I should have done it when I did the tap and pump anyway lesson learned.
              Pureclean it is then.
              Thanks
              Steve
              Steve look up a product called ELSIL it is a Elsan product this was developed for aircraft drinking water tanks you can buy small bottles direct from Elsan that would last you a few years, we have used this for a few years now.
              Alf

Comment

Elsil

Looks like good stuff I see they do a tank cleaning product aswell, I will be getting some.
                I am determined to get this van back on the road.
                I tried to be ready for Oct 1st but not to be. It will definately be done for Nov 1st I have booked Thur Fri in Blackool.
                Promised the wife a trip to the illuminations before they go off.
                Anyway I am enjoying working on it.
                Thanks
                Steve

Comment

look im sorry to ask.......but would love to know ....what is the origin of your "nic name" i mean Fatty goose wing is really a tad unusual to say the very least.....however tell me to mind my own Biz if you like ...no offence..Our little name is nothing more than the little Cordyroy blue teddy bear in the back.....who in fact has the life of old Riley in the Romahome away half his life...........he could be still sat in the shop window looking out ...Bored....Lucky Bear.....................Mark and Shirley

Comment

WHile you're looking for tank cleaning products, take a look at BioMagic. I've not tried it personally, but I found reports of it working to clean even diesel out of boat water tanks. They also have an anti-freeze that cna be used in drinking water! maybe worth a look for extreme winter campers

If you decide to try it, they say they have an Amazon shop, so maybe the forum could get a cut by ordering through here?

Disclaimer: I have no connection with the company

Comment

Cordroy - fattygoosewing?

I was once quite rotund. So my best pal always used to call me 'fatty'. Trust me we are very close and I was and would never be insulted.
                      About 20 years ago we went sailing in a dinghy off the North Wales coast (this is where I live btw).
                      I was a novice sailor and he knew absolutely nothing about sailing.
                      As the wind got up I assured him that the mirror dinghy that we sailing would never go over.
                      We were tacking against the wind and had gone out some way when I decided to turn the boat about and go down wind.
                      With the wind behind you it is possible to put the head sail out aside the boat so that you have both sails out, one either side of the boat to drive you down wind at speed (no spinnaker required).
                      I attempted the manoeuvre for my very first time and we went over and he panicked and started swimming towards North America? I managed to call him back and calmed him down; I was too unfit to right the boat myself even though it is fairly simple.
                      We stayed with the boat and were eventually were rescued..
                      To this day he never lets me forget this event and once a year we celebrate our 'life day’
                      The cake etc is always to fattygoosewing.
                      Cheers
                      Steve

Comment

cordroy fattygoosewing

Sorry forgot to say the manouvre is called 'Goosewinging' Getting old you know
                        Steve

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X