As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every day Vehicle

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every day Vehicle

Hi Everyone, since i got the Duo on saturday i have been using it as an everyday run around, and also commuting to work and back.
    The idea is will get rid of the 4x4 and stick with just the one vehicle, does anyone else use it solely as their main vehicle?

Me!
    I had an old hylo for three years, loved it so much that I sold it and my little corsa. For the last 3 plus years, I've used my outlook as my everyday car and for holidays. I have business insurance and use it for work too. To be fair, we have a car too, that my husband uses for work, so I do have a plan B when I need it. The only times I invoke Plan B are a) if I need to carry more than one passenger and b) if I'm unsure of parking and dreaded height barriers. I have to say the positives way outweigh the negatives, and I've not regretted it for a minute.
    Have fun,
    Aileen
    Last edited by Aileen; 09-10-2012, 23:27.

Comment

Yep me too, sole vehicle and no problem anywhere.
      All the best
      Andyvan

Comment

Every day Vehicle

Hi Renners our Dimension is our only vehicle now
        Alf

Comment

I have a car but since I got my C15 I've been choosing to use her rather than the car, firstly because I love her so much but also compared to the V6 the fuel economy difference is HUUUUGE. When you normally drive around in a gas guzzler you get used to it and stop realising just how much you are spending on petrol but the difference is so dramatic. When we first got Bryony I thought her fuel gauge was broken she used so little diesel in comparison to our (petrol) cars! I doubt she will ever become my only vehicle really but she has made me consider downsizing to a little run around. I don't need a big vehicle with a big boot anymore, if I need boot space I've got the whole of Bryony!

Comment

Everyday Vehicle.

Yes. I use my R20 Hi as my everyday vehicle. Just have to avoid multi- storey car parks and those with height restriction barriers. I'm sure our local Lidls car park fellow is getting quite used to seeing it now. Perhaps I should invite him in for a cup of tea and he may let me stay longer so that I can take my time to do all my shopping in town!!!

Comment

Another 'R20 as our sole vehicle' member. When we bought the R20 we had a little Citroen C1 but despite that being tremendously cheap to run it didn't make sense to insure and service 2 vehicles.

No problem using the R20 at home; the only problem is in towns we've not visited before where multistorey car parks are not signposted as such.

The Berlingo is quite a comfortable ride too and the rear seatbelts mean we all occasionally use it for 4 persons, including 4 of us going to Germany last October.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys everyone.
                I have to agree Bryony, i am so used to putting petrol in the gas guzzler an not thinking anything of it.
                Now today, i am still smiling because have done over 100 miles and it hasn't even used a qtr tank of fuel yet in the duo at this rate i will be quids in.:so happy:

Comment

Eugene is my one-and-only now - well, as soon as I get my **** into gear and sell my beloved Copen. Much like Bryony I've only driven Eugene since I got him coz I just love driving him so much!
                  Jane

Comment

Bryony's nice interior.

Originally posted by Bryony The Snail View Post
                    I have a car but since I got my C15 I've been choosing to use her rather than the car, firstly because I love her so much but also compared to the V6 the fuel economy difference is HUUUUGE. When you normally drive around in a gas guzzler you get used to it and stop realising just how much you are spending on petrol but the difference is so dramatic. When we first got Bryony I thought her fuel gauge was broken she used so little diesel in comparison to our (petrol) cars! I doubt she will ever become my only vehicle really but she has made me consider downsizing to a little run around. I don't need a big vehicle with a big boot anymore, if I need boot space I've got the whole of Bryony!
                    Hi, it was great to see you at Sandringham (and Dersingham) and I loved the interior of Bryony...good job done. I got a puncture in Dersingham (on bike) so on Saturday went into King's Lynn by bus. I found a brilliant fabric shop and want to redo Miffy's interior! There were hundreds of rolls of fabric and all at excellent prices. I fancy a seaside theme next so will probably buy the material when I'm next there and have fun giving Miffy new curtains and seat covers. This has absolutely nothing to do with using Romahomes as a main vehicle so my comments on that are that I am really happy driving him but find reversing a bit daunting sometimes. I always look for a drive through spot if possible, to avoid reversing. Haven't had a problem with hight barriers yet but it's something to watch out for.
                    Happy camping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunny View Post
                      Hi, it was great to see you at Sandringham (and Dersingham) and I loved the interior of Bryony...good job done. I got a puncture in Dersingham (on bike) so on Saturday went into King's Lynn by bus. I found a brilliant fabric shop and want to redo Miffy's interior! There were hundreds of rolls of fabric and all at excellent prices. I fancy a seaside theme next so will probably buy the material when I'm next there and have fun giving Miffy new curtains and seat covers. This has absolutely nothing to do with using Romahomes as a main vehicle so my comments on that are that I am really happy driving him but find reversing a bit daunting sometimes. I always look for a drive through spot if possible, to avoid reversing. Haven't had a problem with hight barriers yet but it's something to watch out for.
                      Happy camping.
                      Hi Bunny....glad you made it home ok, sorry about the puncture, if that happens when you're out in the wilds let me know and I'll come and rescue you (Bryony is a white charger after all!!!). I know that haberdashers, its great isn't it...a dying breed. Oh you'll have so much fun turning Miffy into the seaside! I'm half way through doing Bryony's curtains, hopefully get them finished by the end of the weekend, then except for the felt under the seats and some new light fittings she's done. I'll post some pics. My only problem with reversing is all I can see out of the rear window is sky because I'm short. So I just use the wing mirrors and hope for the best...haven't hit anything yet that i know of!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X