As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a shot in the dark

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a shot in the dark

has anyone on the forum shipped a romahome to the usa and return. not a plan as yet but giving it some consideration..

no dont do it two jays they would take it off you and put it on Bar or coffee table as a "little old english ornament"...and say i guess our English cousins have some funny toys!!

Comment

I know people who have shipped ordinary cars both to and from the states but not a romahome specifically. Its a pretty costly business but not that difficult. Depends where you are going though, the rules vary from state to state.

Are you thinking about a permanent move?
      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

like Huff,I know people who have shipped cars across the pond,it is a pricey game,you could hire a big American motor-home for that money,and the steering is on the proper side,lots of room,and plenty of gadgets to amuse you!

I don't think its economic to do what you intend!
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the advise,it was just an idea.we went to usa a couple of years ago and hired a small (25 foot) van and spent 3 weeks driving around.the camping and caravanning club arranged it,flight, first night in hotel and van for 3 weeks all for £2500. just thought it would be good to spend longer and go further and my duo would be ideal.with the wealth of knoweledge and experience on this forum it was as i say a shot in the dark..looks like its back to greece...thanks again....regards two jays..

Comment

Found some info here.

http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/rates.htm

A few other sites came up when I googled.

I only know of someone shipping (a car) one way to new zealand.

Your current insurance may not like it either.

Jules

Comment

a brighter shot in the dark

thanks for the replies i contacted the shipping agent and they reckon about £2600 return which is about what i thought,thats shipping southampton to new york. it looks like vehicle insurance could be a minefield,will continue to look into it before making any definite plans..thanks again.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X