As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Dimensions or R30s in Scotland/North England?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Dimensions or R30s in Scotland/North England?

Hi,

First time poster on here so please be gentle - we are looking at buying our first motorhome and took a trip to the NEC on Sunday. We were very impressed with the R30 that was on show an spent quite a bit of time on the stand talking to Jason from AEG about it. However a new one is out of the question unless a premium bond or six numbers come up on Saturday.....

A used R30 may be a possibility but are still a bit at the top end of the budget - an older Dimension is probably more realistic.

All the Dimensions and R30s on the market at the moment are in the deep south and a trip to view is out of the question at the moment as we are based in Glasgow. Are there any Dimension owners in Scotland or North of England that would allow us to have a look at their motorhome to see if it would suit our needs? Likewise I would like to hear from any R30 owners in the area as I would like a further look at one of them as well.

Finally if you are an R30 owner who has traded up from a Dimension I would also be interested in hearing from you with a view to seeing if it is worth paying the extra money for the newer model.

Hope somebody can help - Thanks in anticipation
    Stephen

Hi Lefthooker just tried to private message you regarding this but you have opted not to accept private messages. But welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hi. Welcome to the forum.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
        Hi Lefthooker just tried to private message you regarding this but you have opted not to accept private messages. But welcome to the forum.

Hi Tentpeg,

Thanks for your reply - been right through the control panel but cannot see anything for PMs. Any suggestions on how I can set this up as I didn't knowingly opt out of private messaging?

Comment

Tentpeg/Stephen

I have checked lefthookers profile and he should be able to receive private messages so I have sent a test one just to make sure the system is working.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Personal messages seem to be working now.

Just as a taster have a look at my video of our Dimension http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uyr3...EB475AB81C1A6F

and here is one of a R30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyH3...EB475AB81C1A6F
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I know Perth is not exactly on your doorstep but Perthshire caravans are probably your nearest Romahome dealers. Dealers are always a good place to view even if you don't want to buy from them

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
                Welcome to the forum.

I know Perth is not exactly on your doorstep but Perthshire caravans are probably your nearest Romahome dealers. Dealers are always a good place to view even if you don't want to buy from them
                Apart from ony one Romahome in stock and no Dimension

Alf

Comment

Hi Stephen,

I have a Mk2 Dimension (i.e.based on the new Relay van, same conversion as the R30, not the earlier Dimension) and I'm in Scotland. I might also be looking to sell it sometime soon. However I'm a long way from Glasgow, so unless you fancy a trip to the Moray Firth it probably wont be a lot of help to you. Send me a PM or email if you're interested.
                  .......... Sid

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
                    Apart from ony one Romahome in stock and no Dimension

Alf
                    Ah well - I know mine originated there - many moons ago - has the pretty badge to prove it - but was a private sale so no idea what they are like as dealers

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
                      Welcome to the forum.

When new (in 2005) our Dimension was delivered from the Isle of Wight to Perthshire Caravans and sold to someone up there who didn't like it so it ended back at Freeborns in Southampton where we bought it with just over 1,000 miles on the clock and only six months old.

We reckon the mileage was just about right to drive up to Scotland and back.
                      Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X