X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome R40

Hello All

We are about to take delivery of our new R40 Romanhome. Having read many reviews is there anyone out there with some first-hand experience that they can share with us about their R40?

Hi Christine

Welcome to the forum. We have at least two R40 owners on here Colin and Maddie, I am sure they will be along soon to give you the benefit of their wisdom, meanwhile have you read the R40 page on our main website which includes Colin's excellent review of his R40.

SEE HERE

Bet you can't wait to take delivery you lucky thing.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Christine
      Welcome to the friendly forum. I have had an R40 since last May and would be happy to help in any way I can, either through the Forum or you can send me a PM (private message).
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by christine.tinley View Post
        Hello All

We are about to take delivery of our new R40 Romanhome. Having read many reviews is there anyone out there with some first-hand experience that they can share with us about their R40?
        Hi Christine,

We may have seen yours last Monday! We went to the Isle of Wight for a visit to Romahome and saw the different vans all at different stages. It was so interesting and Brian made us most welcome. It is amazing how they are made and put together.

We are waiting for our new R20 but it won't be ready until the middle of May.

It's worse than waiting for Christmas to come when we were children.

I am sure you will love yours when you get it.
        Moya :)

Comment

Hi Christine
          I've also had an R40 since November and would be happy to help answer any queries if I can.
          Have had one or two niggles so will be interested to compare notes!
          Janet

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
            Hi Christine
            Welcome to the friendly forum. I have had an R40 since last May and would be happy to help in any way I can, either through the Forum or you can send me a PM (private message).
            Colin
            We are a little concerned about the very low ground clearance of the R40. Have you used the ferry and if so, did you experience any problems getting on or off? Any advice on any matters most welcolme.

Regards

Christine

Comment

Hi Christine
              We haven't used a ferry so far and prefer to the The Shuttle as we have the dog and are not quite sure how he would react to an hour and a half in a noisy car deck. I have been over via Dover with a C15 Romahome and had no trouble, and that is pretty low at the back. I have found that it is kerbs and humps that are likely to be a problem because of the hot water tank just behind the wheels and the cold water tank tap on it's 40mm non flexing pipe. Changed mine to a smaller pipe and tuck tap up underneath body now.
              Colin

Comment

R40

Originally posted by blackpoodle View Post
                Hi Christine
                I've also had an R40 since November and would be happy to help answer any queries if I can.
                Have had one or two niggles so will be interested to compare notes!
                Janet
                Hi

We are concerned about going on ferries because of how low the ground clearance is. Have you any experience here? Haven't used it yet, but going to Europe end of May. What are your other niggles?

Christine

Comment

R4 newbies

Hi

We have had our R40 for the grand total of a week now so still have not worked out what all the keys are for. I must have chosen the thick snow and freexing weather option, but don't remember ticking that particular box.

Will have to come up with a suitable name. Wonder what that polar bear on the Foxes galcier mints is called.

Comment

Originally posted by R40HOM View Post
                    Hi

We have had our R40 for the grand total of a week now so still have not worked out what all the keys are for. I must have chosen the thick snow and freexing weather option, but don't remember ticking that particular box.

Will have to come up with a suitable name. Wonder what that polar bear on the Foxes galcier mints is called.
                    Another R40 owner welcome to the forum.

Hope you manage to get out in it soon.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi R40 HOM
                      Welcome to the friendly Forum. I have had an R40 for about 18 months and still think it is the best van we have had out of 10, (so far). Any questions please ask, there are other R40 owners on here so I am sure we can come up with some answers between us. Where abouts in the country are you? There are some Meets being discussed for early next year, see Meeting Up thread so you may want to come along, And there is the Roma Club as well, so plenty of friendly souls around if you wanted to chew over the fun of a new van.
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by R40HOM View Post
                        Hi

Hi there R40HOM - not long till spring and the open road!

The Foxes bear was called Peppy to quote from their website:

'In 1922 Peppy the polar bear was introduced to both packs and in advertising as the icon for the Glacier Mints product and he still remains on pack today not only on our Mint packaging, but on all the variants of the Fox's Glacier range.'
                        Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                          Hi there R40HOM - not long till spring and the open road!

The Foxes bear was called Peppy to quote from their website:

'In 1922 Peppy the polar bear was introduced to both packs and in advertising as the icon for the Glacier Mints product and he still remains on pack today not only on our Mint packaging, but on all the variants of the Fox's Glacier range.'
                          Thanks for that - so Peppy it is!

Comment

Low rear clearance on R40's

Hi Christine,
                            Hope you enjoy your new R40 as much we have enjoyed ours. We've travelled pretty extensively to Scottish Hebridean islands this past summer and we didn't experience any problems getting on or off ferries. You have to be very careful if you drive for any distance off road or off good tracks but generally speaking its not a problem. To test this I drove over a very hump-backed bridge between Corgarff and Ballater in the Cairngorms. I always reckoned if I could cross this bridge I could cross any. I really thought I would have grounded but I didn't.
                            We've had some other niggly issues - at the moment my Webasto internal heater has stopped working and we've had problems with the cooker grill and the water tap. Reception on the radio is awful and the reversing camera has stopped working. On the plus side the staff at Romahome are always very helpful, although we live in the Scottish Highlands, a long way from Isle of Wight. I'd certainly like to see Romahome find a good Scottish dealership - the current lot are not keen to offer help unless you bought the vehicle from them. Anyway, enough of my rant, I'm sure you'll love the R40.

Comment

Cameron

Have noticed our Webasto in the R25 can refuse to kick in if the leisure battery is not at optimal voltage. When on EHU there is never a problem with it, kicks in every time, so have you tried with mains power to the van?
                              We never use the grill, (gets a bit hot on the worktop), instead we toast with something similar to this on the gas.

http://www.yateleyangling.co.uk/prod...inless_Toaster

Sounds like questions for Ant when he returns.

Tony Anchorman
                              Last edited by anchorman; 28-12-2010, 00:05.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X