X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try B4 buy?

Hi all you friendly folk

I am looking into buying a Romahome but I want to try before I buy. Do you know anywhere that hires them out? Or would any of you be willing to hire yours out for a couple of days?

Thanks

Hello GypsyMe

Welcome to the forum, a lot of us are at the spring meet at Wolverley at the moment so you will have to forgive us if we haven't answered your question more promptly. Not everyone has got their dongle with them.

Avon Motor Caravans in Bristol used to do a Try Before You Buy scheme but I am not sure whether they still do it. You could try posting in the "Ask Ant" section, Ant is the main man at Avon Motor Caravans so he will be able to tell you.

Hope you manage to sort something out, Romahomes are lovely little vehicles, I am sure you won't be disappointed.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Graham,

have made contact with Ant now. Thanks for the suggestion. Enjoy your w/e!

Gypsy

Comment

Thanks Gypsy, Ant will sort you out if he can he's a good chap, we are so lucky to have him on this forum. Hope you get sorted out with a nice van and don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I will, I will

Did you buy yours from Ant? Or have you met him at shows and suchlike?

Comment

Hi
            I dont know where Graham bought his van but I bought mine last year from Ant and like most people have been more than happy with my purchase and the follow up support I have received from Ant and his ' team ' has been excellent. I never felt pressurised into my final decision to buy and I know if there are any problems he and Pam are always more than happy to sort them out without my feeling I am being a nuisance.

Avon Motorcaravans gets a great deal of positive feedback on this forum from members who know them but it is well-deserved and not because we are trying to get a cheap habitation check!

Lizzie.

Comment

Thanks Lizzie,

Which van do you have? And as I am assuming you are female with a name like Lizzie, can you tell me if you find it easy to drive and handle? I am quite short and not terribly strong and have wondered things like - will my feet reach the pedals comfortably, and what is it like to drive, etc.

Thanks for any replies

Comment

Hi gypsy,
                If you can drive a small car Ok, then you can easily handle a R20, they have power steering, believe me I need it, they are a doddle to drive and manouvre, no longer than most cars, and no great weight, they are fibreglass, inside and out, easy cleaning even for a mucky blighter like me.
                Ant wont fail you, look up his phone number and talk to him or Pam.
                Goodluck
                Ian
                Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
                  I will, I will

Did you buy yours from Ant? Or have you met him at shows and suchlike?
                  No, we didn't buy our van from Ant but certainly would do for any future purchases, we first found out about Ant from this forum, he just came on and started posting and helping people, his advice was so good and he gives it so freely to anyone whether a customer or not, we asked him if he would like his own section "Ask Ant", the rest is history.

We always go to him for our annual service and gas and electric check, he does a really good job at reasonable prices. You won't hear anyone say a bad word about Ant or Avon Motor Caravans.
                  Graham

Comment

Thanks guys,

Can't wait to try some out!

Comment

try b4 ubuy

I have no problem driving my R20 Outlook. It has power steering and is really lovely to drive - very comfortable. I am only 5' 2" but no probs. Do have reversing sensors which I really like. I make up the single bed without the back cushions which is fine for me with addition of Raskelf Duvalay. It is possible to make up a 3/4 bed and still leave up the pullman style table. Favourite for me is the lovley big Heki rooflight which makes the interior so light and airy.

Lizzie

Comment

You're all too kind

Comment

Thanks Lizzie,

About how wide would the 3/4 bed be do you think?

GypsyMe

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X