As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahome R10 owners

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome R10 owners

Can anybody tell me the dimensions of the hole in the roof? I'm thinking of getting either an R10 or a Hilo and am exploring the possibility of putting a removable child's bunk in the roof of the R10. If anybody has any pictures of the lip of the hole that would be really helpful? Has anybody tried this?

Also, where is the leisure battery located?

I'm going to try to look at a hylo and R10 at the weekend.

Is 55000 miles ok for a 6 year old hylo?

Any advice would be much appreciated as usual?

Happy Xmas to everyone.

Tom
    Last edited by Superfab; 21-12-2012, 08:07. Reason: Forgot to add something

Originally posted by Superfab View Post
    Can anybody tell me the dimensions of the hole in the roof? I'm thinking of getting either an R10 or a Hilo and am exploring the possibility of putting a removable child's bunk in the roof of the R10.

Also, where is the leisure battery located?

I'm going to try to look at a hylo and R10 at the weekend.

Is 55000 miles ok for a 6 year old hylo?

Any advice would be much appreciated as usual?

Happy Xmas to everyone.

Tom
    55K is fine,its less than 10K per year,small motorhomes are often used as the family car as well,so have mileage comparable to a car,but the body and diesel engine are good for 250,000 miles,the hilo will be easier to adapt for a child,the R10 is a bit too small,IMHO. Good luck!
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Could be right

Yeah, I suspect your right about the R10 but will have a look anyway. I do like the hylo but its about 5 grand more. D you think £16000 is a reasonable price for a 6 year old model? Do the deprecate a lot?

Comment

No idea about the R10 roof, but thought this VW bed might be of interest.

http://www.vw-beds.com/products/cab_bunk.html

Jules

Comment

I have a 7 year young HyLo with 28k on the clock. Its previous owners barely used it and left it standing idle for far too long - but I've changed that!

A 6 year old model, £55k for £16k sounds very fair to me, if not a bargain. Does it also have heating or air con, and which engine is it? Local to us is a 2006, 1.9, 16k Hylo at £21k (just reduced in the 'Santa' sale) without air-con.

Depreciation is usually very low - estimated to be about 25% over 10 years.

Comment

Forgot to add - the leisure battery in a HyLo is beneath the passenger seat and I think it's the same on the R10.

As a for a child's bunk in the elevating roof - I'm not too sure about this. There wouldn't be very much headroom and I think it would be very claustrophobic.

Comment

Hi Superfab

Just a few comments from when I owned my Hylo - it DID have cabin aircon - and when abroad in it, I would consider it an essential extra.

Second point was it was the 2.0HDI engined model - and it went like a little sports car - so that is also an option I would be looking for if I was considerind another, which is unlikely, as I am a very satisfied Bongo owner now!!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by JazziJ View Post

Jules
                Goodness! That's clever!
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by JazziJ View Post

Jules
                  Those cab bunks look great and might do the trick, just have to get the measurement for the cab width. My sons 9 so it might be a we bit tight but might do a season.

Thanks

Comment

There's an older style 1994 Hi-Lo with 60,000 on the clock for sale on our website at only £6,250, if that's of any interest.

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/c15hylo.html
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

That looks like a really nice one. The one we're looking at has the Pullman dinette and third belted seat which we need but thanks anyway

Comment

r10 roof hole size

4ft 6 x 3ft 4
                        BuzznDave

Comment

Originally posted by David stringer View Post
                          4ft 6 x 3ft 4
                          my r10 l battery is under the pasenger seat.
                          BuzznDave

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X