This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic?

Is it only the R10 in the new Romahome range that can be had as an automatic?

Any other small motorhomes out there with the automatic option?

I'm asking this question on behalf of my Mum, who has caught my new enthusiasm for a small motorhome and is making noises about getting one for herself! But she normally drives an automatic and would like to continue doing so.

Many thanks.

Pema Lily

Originally posted by Pema Lily View Post

I think I am right in saying (but someone will correct me if not) that Romahome automatics are very few and far between so I think you would struggle to find one.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I'm asking this question on behalf of my Mum, who has caught my new enthusiasm for a small motorhome and is making noises about getting one for herself! But she normally drives an automatic and would like to continue doing so.

Many thanks.

Pema Lily
      You can get a bongo automatic, I have seen one.
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
        You can get a bongo automatic, I have seen one.
        Ian
        You can get a Bongo automatic I have one!!

A lot of Japanese imports are automatic Toyota Granvia Nissan ElGrande to name a couple,all great vehicles twinned with the ease of an auto box......just great!!

Only the Bongo has a factory camper top though which is why I chose it.

Dabs

Comment

Hi Dabs

Who imports them into the UK? Where are the dealers? Does the Bongo have all the ''normal'' things like fridge and heating? An auto would suit me well.

Comment

Hi Pema Lily, motorhomes based on the VW Transporter van can be supplied with the DSG option, quite a lot of poptops and hitops are available.
            Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Bongo

We had a Bongo for a while,we were very happy with it until we saw a Romahome! We bought it from a company called 321Away in Berkshire. It came with a very good top loading fridge, gas hobs and sink. They also threw in a free awning. It was an automatic (most of them are ) and very nice to drive, if a little bit heavy on the diesel.
              Anything else you would like to know, I would be happy to help

Regards, Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

If the Bongo was so good what was it about the Romahome that made you swap? Apart from differences in fuel consumption how do they compare?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for all your informative replies so far.

I'm going to point my Mum in the direction of this thread so she can read up on her options.

It's really great to have a friendly, non-competitive forum like this for newbies like me!

Comment

Any information on Mazda Bongos or Ford Fredas go to the best place which is www.bongofury.co.uk loads of tips to pick up on there and like here the peeps are very freindly and helpfull.You can of course ask me on here having had my Bongo for nearly four years i think i could answer most queries.
                    Every campervan has its plusses and its weaknesses you cant beat a bit of research to narrow things down a bit to enable the right choice for you to be made!

Dabs

Comment

There was an automatic Duo advertised on the Southampton site yesterday. I phoned up about it and they said it had been sold within an hour of being put on the website, and the buyer was coming all the way from Spain for it!!!! Rare specimens to be sure

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
                        ..... and the buyer was coming all the way from Spain for it!!!! Rare specimens to be sure
                        Find out which flight and we'll go and highjack it and kidnap said Spaniard...!!!
                        http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Comment

why don't they make more then?

So if an automatic is snapped up within an hour, wouldn't it make sense to offer more automatics?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for all your replies, my mum has been carefully reading along and 'having a think'.

Comment

Your logic makes sense to me Pema! Shall we start a petition and deliver it to the manufacturers?

Comment

I wanted an automatic and a Bongo or Frieda would have been my first choice... however, I couldn't afford anything like that, even a pretty old one. That was the main reason I eventually sold my little Bedford Rascal Romahome as it was too uncomfortable to drive in, and I had to keep my auto car on the road, which was too expensive. So now I just drive my automatic car and have a mini caravan to tow!

It's easier on the pocket but I'm not sure about the back!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X