As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rascal Romahome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rascal Romahome

Hi everyone, I have a 1989 Bedford Rascal Romahome that has being sat a friends farm for 3 years. It's now covered in milldew an has a colony of several hundred spiders living inside. The Bedford Rascal is more or less dead, I did spend £400 on the engine before it was laid up. The Romahome part is ok apart from needing a very deep clean. Any advice on if it worth doing anything with it or just getting scrap man to take it. Kind Regards Paul

Minimouse moved her Romahome pod onto a different pick up, there are several that fit base wise.

It does seem a shame to just scrap it. However, if you put it on ebay, someone might want to do the work!

If you put Minimouse into a search in the user name department, you will see her posts!

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...Refurb-started

Comment

We put a Romahome Demountable pod onto a 2003 1.3 ltr suzuki carry pick up (who we call Donk, as he does all of the work), fairly easily.

Great little unit, plenty of poke, much nippy-er that the 998cc Rascaland and very confortable. Well worth the effort and possibly worth you looking into.

How "dead" is the Rascal as you would be surprised how easy some can be fixed !

Where in the country are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
        Where in the country are you ?
        Looking at his username, my money is Hull!
        Last edited by glenw; 21-01-2013, 16:57.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Doa

Never spotted that

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
            Looking at his username, my money is Hull!
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for replies, the Rascal has had a lot of weldig done on it in the past. My reason for the post was to find out if it would be worth tring to sell it or just scrap it or give it to someone that could spend some time on it.

Comment

There always seem to be a few on ebay requiring work and they seem to sell so I would say its worth listing and seeing what you get. Even if you only get a few quid its better than it just sitting there doing nowt.

I have been clearing out the last of my classic car spares in the last few weeks, some of the items I considered only fit for scrap really but I listed them on ebay anway, 99p start and no reserve and all so far have sold, some have only made 99p others have made £20 and £30. Not big money but has saved me the hassle of taking any of it to the tip and put a little bit of cash back in my hand for stuff I was only going to throw away. Always worth a go.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X