This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas bottle

Im out of gas so can anyone please tell me where to purchase another bottle, its size is either 901 0r 907, I need to check that out.
    http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by DAVEBOY View Post
    Im out of gas so can anyone please tell me where to purchase another bottle, its size is either 901 0r 907, I need to check that out.

907 I think and you can get them from any caravan spares shop or if you are on a campsite they usually have them, just take the empty one with you and they will give you a new replacement, cost around £12 ish.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

907s are about £20 wherever you change.

Much better to change to the smallest Calor, either butane (blue) or propane (red). They cost about £12 to refill, some places charge a deposit but others don't. Bottles often come up on Freecycle or if your local tip is fairly liberal they will give you one. If you intend to winter camp go to propane. Camping gas 907s contain 2.7kg of propane. Calor gas butane 4.5KG of gas and propane 3.9kg of gas

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
        Oops, I was a bit out with £12 ish , it's a long time since we bought one, we are on calor with the Dimension.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated
          http://romahomeandaway.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post

Much better to change to the smallest Calor, either butane (blue) or propane (red). They cost about £12 to refill, some places charge a deposit but others don't. Bottles often come up on Freecycle or if your local tip is fairly liberal they will give you one. If you intend to winter camp go to propane. Camping gas 907s contain 2.7kg of propane. Calor gas butane 4.5KG of gas and propane 3.9kg of gas

I would just mention that with my 2005 Hylo the opening to the gas locker is too small to take the smallest Calor so I'm stuck with Camping Gaz - I use the 907 size which I think only comes with butane. Got an empty cylinder for £10 on ebay to exchange for a refill that cost about £20. Without a cylinder to exchange it would have cost about £50!!

It has always puzzled me why Romahome designed the entrance to the locker a few inches too small to take Calor - I've measured the inside of the locker and that seems larger enough for the smallest Calor but can't get the cylinder through the entrance. I believe later vans may not have this probelm and therefore have a greater choice of the type of gas cylinder.
            Cheers, Terry.

Comment

I find that strange because we can get a small calor cylinder in the locker on our Outlook and I didnt think that they had changed the locker size. Perhaps Ant can comment on this.

Comment

I think they made the locker bigger when they changed to the new type gas regulator.
                Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEBOY View Post
                  Hi Dave,

You can normally get the 907 gas from Parkers, the hardware shop in Stubbington village which wouldn,t be too far away for you to go. I don't know how much they charge now because we haven't bought a refill for ages. Our gas bottle seems to last a long time but once we our on a site we normally have electric hook up so it is only used for cooking and getting the fridge cold before we leave home.
                  Moya :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X