As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

romahome offer

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome offer

hi as any one seen the offer on the romahome web page try to find out if it stands on all orders no one high up to tork to will try more friday diggdeep

This one??

http://www.romahome.com/latest-news

It looks a good idea, I hope it stands for your order.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Looks a good offer - not inordinantly expensive for Romahome but very nice idea. I presume that the vehicles are also now sold with the correct description of all paperwork i.e. on the log book.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Is this a special offer...or are they just saving you the effort of buying stuff for the van, and raising the purchase price accordingly?
        Neil

Comment

Like the last item on the list! That will help you deal with the stress if anything isn't right.

Comment

No such thing as a free lunch!
            I think most dealers will GIVE a basic start-up kit ( gas bottle and mains lead as a min) so you can get home and play with your new toy. I think part of the joy and excitement of buying a Romahome is the kitting out process that makes it your own. I'm not sure having your van turned into the same as every other van with identical kit is much of an insentive to buy. Reliable back up after the event i think would count for more, Romahome themselves already have have that, you just need the dealers to follow suit!
            Ant

Comment

romahome offer

once more i have to sae a big thanks to freeborn they have given the offer to ose AS THIS IS A FREEBOUN OFFER NOT TO DO WITH ROMAHOME it is a a good deal for first timers AND no the price as NOT gone up as i have just been on phone to them i hade to bit my tung as i was going to sae thing as we are traveling down from up north they no it is colder up north THANKS freeborn frist clase group tom denis north yorks

Comment

I can see the logic in it I suppose but as Ant says I think kitting out your van with all your own thing is half the fun. Perhaps im wrong but I would have thought that the majority of people purchasing a new Romahome would already be seasoned campers and have a lot of the gear used in previous vans/caravans/tents etc.

Vicki and I actually purchased Herbert before we were living together so we often think of him as being our first home! Buying all the kit and making him our own was all part of the fun.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

reply from diggdeep

Originally posted by ant View Post
                  No such thing as a free lunch!
                  I think most dealers will GIVE a basic start-up kit ( gas bottle and mains lead as a min) so you can get home and play with your new toy. I think part of the joy and excitement of buying a Romahome is the kitting out process that makes it your own. I'm not sure having your van turned into the same as every other van with identical kit is much of an insentive to buy. Reliable back up after the event i think would count for more, Romahome themselves already have have that, you just need the dealers to follow suit!
                  Ant
                  we allways hade a first class deal of freeboune more than i can sae for one of the dealers they do not like been tolled and puting thing right diggdeep

Comment

Offer?

Call me sceptical but it seems strange that this offer appears after all the bad press/feedback on freeborne, and personally this offer would not be enough to sway me to them if the same deal could be got elsewhere without the "freebies" and the price reflected this.
                    My hubby was in the motor trade for over thirty years and agrees with Ant that there is no such thing as a free lunch.
                    These are my own personal views, as I have had no dealings at all with Freeborne.

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                      once more i have to sae a big thanks to freeborn they have given the offer to ose AS THIS IS A FREEBOUN OFFER NOT TO DO WITH ROMAHOME it is a a good deal for first timers AND no the price as NOT gone up as i have just been on phone to them i hade to bit my tung as i was going to sae thing as we are traveling down from up north they no it is colder up north THANKS freeborn frist clase group tom denis north yorks

Yes, it is a Freeborn offer. So isn't it rather odd that it is publicised prominently on the ROMAHOME website under the headline "Every Romahome is now ‘ready to roll’ ? This does rather give the impression that it applies to every Romahome, doesn't it?

The bit saying that it is in fact a Freeborn Romahome Centre offer comes at the very bottom with a link to Freeborn. Funny that! It might be a good public relations offer by Freeborn, but I don't suppose the other Romahome dealers like Ant are best pleased that is pushed on the Romahome site rather than the Freeborn site.

Anyway, some might say that Freeborn would be better to spend their money on getting their pre-delivery inspections up to standard and ensuring that customers don't have to find the faults for themselves.
                      .......... Sid

Comment

Have to agree with some of the posters on here, this seems like a hurried rush at damage limitation and trying to make good the recent problems highlighted on here and more so what seems to be a continuation of poor quality of new Romahomes.
                        There seems to be a lot of negativity regarding the new models and to me as a new comer to Romahomes it seems all the good feelings are born from the fact that many on here have or have had an older model.

Has Romahome like so many companies sat back and relied on a loyal following to kep them going and took their eye off the ball, as the thing that seems to have made everyone love their Romahome "quality and longivety".

When new models are leaking, doors falling off and floors not stable i have my doubts as to whether in 20 years time posters will like the ones on here now, will rave about their Romahomes as i dont they will last as long as the mk1 berlingo and the older model c15 romahomes have.

As for Romahome advisng Quote " Every Romahome is now being sold “ready to roll” – a major advance on other manufacturers’ on the road prices that’s being unveiled at the Spring Caravan and Motorhome Show being held at NEC from February 19 - 24."
                        If only one dealer is offering this it's not exactly a major advance, seems to me more of a gimmick and makes me wonder just how much damage to Romahomes reputation has been done by all the recent events.

Comment

I'm sorry but I am struggling to find anything bad about this offer. In a massive recession, with large companies going bust all over the place, any company is going to be looking for marketing ideas to keep the customers buying. To provide a PR game changer at a major exhibition will be every manufacturers aim. And this looks a good idea to get free publicity and more footfall on the Romahome stand. Lets be realistic, if you have a Romahome or are on this Forum and you go to the show, you will probably visit the stand anyway. You will still be offered the deal, as Digdeep says, so you are not losing out. But that extra bonus of potential customers visiting the stand could be the tipping point that keeps Romahome in production for another year. After all, it's not in any owners interest for them to go under and devalue all the existing vans and cause a spares problem.
                          As to offering the deal through all Dealers, I take Ant's point. But perhaps new Romahome owners will gravitate towards this Forum, (have you all got the intro cards to give out on site?), and there they will see the high regard we have for Ant , and futher down the road he may well get their custom.
                          Colin

Comment

I think offers such as this can also work against a dealer.

If I were presented with such an 'offer' for kit I already have or simply don't need, I would cost it all out at trade price and automatically expect a discount to the value of such a pack, in addition to any further discounts negotiated.

Comment

Tend to agree with Karen, I have all the stuff I need so ( apart from the bottle of wine ) I don't really want the kit and it would either be a negotiating point or it would all go on e-bay to re-coup some of the cost.

But that doesn't matter 'cos I can't afford a new one anyway.

As a marketing ploy to give them an edge over other marques with potential new small motorhomers at a Show, then it could work.

I remember many years ago when my parents bought a new Autosleeper it came with crockery etc.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X