As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrying a motorbike/scooter on an R30

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying a motorbike/scooter on an R30

Has anyone recently carried a small scooter on the back of their van? Thinking of adding a carrier that also has a tow bar so we can carry a small 8-foot dingy.

hi there

You can obviously fit a tow bar. The problem I am thinking about is the payload etc...... A dingy and a motorbike seems like a fair load..... The clubs give advice on these sorts of things and Romahome I would think. I am not an expert in these matters someone I am sure will come along with some advice

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
      hi there

You can obviously fit a tow bar. The problem I am thinking about is the payload etc...... A dingy and a motorbike seems like a fair load..... The clubs give advice on these sorts of things and Romahome I would think. I am not an expert in these matters someone I am sure will come along with some advice
      My thoughts exactly.
      Sounds as if you have not considered the kitchen sink?

I would be thinking along the lines of a trailer to carry the bike AND PERHAPS a removable top on the trailer to mount the dinghy. Perhaps some local fabricator could modify a trailer for around the price of a rack? Although with a little ingenuity it should not be beyond the capabilities of a competent DIYer?

A second thought is that if the trailer was in the form of a box with the upturned dinghy as a lid. Weather would not be a problem for dinghy or bike.

Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 24-02-2013, 11:12.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Scooter is only a smll 50cc Yamaha. The dinghy is an 8' plastic Walker Bay which I can carry myself when on it's side. Have been thinking of a small trailer with a lid.

Comment

Originally posted by Winwistle View Post
          Thanks for the comments. Scooter is only a smll 50cc Yamaha. The dinghy is an 8' plastic Walker Bay which I can carry myself when on it's side. Have been thinking of a small trailer with a lid.
          That just HAS to be rather lighter than my 500cc Piagio Scooter!

Jim
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X