As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimension owners' tip

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension owners' tip

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I did not want to interrupt somebody's request for help.
    Reading the various comments on Dimensions I see a little confusion over making up the seats to beds. The sequence breaks down to turning the seats through 180°, sliding the seats and then folding the seat back, all in various degrees. The whole process is governed by the turning of the seats, which turn opposite ways. Very simple if you turn the seats in the right direction first time, very frustrating if you go through all the process only to discover you have turned them the wrong way and cannot get past the steering wheel, or door.
    At home with no pressure, work out which way the seats should be turned. With both seats in the normal driving position, stand between the rear seats and with Tippex or similar put a little arrow, just large enough to be visible, on each lower seat frame.
    Now turn the seats 180° (in the direction of the arrows) so they are ready for bed making. Once again, standing between the rear seats, put a little Tippex arrow on each seat frame showing the direction to turn them to return the seats for normal driving. Don't forget the seats turn opposite ways!
    Bed making in the future suddenly becomes easy. Simples! Graham (and Carole)

Yes it does seem hard until you get the hang of it, we've got it down to fine art but we struggled at first, I'll have to do a video.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Dimension Beds

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
      Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I did not want to interrupt somebody's request for help.
      Reading the various comments on Dimensions I see a little confusion over making up the seats to beds. The sequence breaks down to turning the seats through 180°, sliding the seats and then folding the seat back, all in various degrees. The whole process is governed by the turning of the seats, which turn opposite ways. Very simple if you turn the seats in the right direction first time, very frustrating if you go through all the process only to discover you have turned them the wrong way and cannot get past the steering wheel, or door.
      At home with no pressure, work out which way the seats should be turned. With both seats in the normal driving position, stand between the rear seats and with Tippex or similar put a little arrow, just large enough to be visible, on each lower seat frame.
      Now turn the seats 180° (in the direction of the arrows) so they are ready for bed making. Once again, standing between the rear seats, put a little Tippex arrow on each seat frame showing the direction to turn them to return the seats for normal driving. Don't forget the seats turn opposite ways!
      Bed making in the future suddenly becomes easy. Simples! Graham (and Carole)
      Graham ( GeeCee ) the beds in your Dimension must be different to ours as per the supplied instructions the front seats are moved up to the dashboard by use of the black tee shaped quick release knob, the headrest removed and the seat back reclined I cannot see why you need to turn the seats that is unless you van seats are different.

Alf

Comment

Dimension Beds

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        Yes it does seem hard until you get the hang of it, we've got it down to fine art but we struggled at first, I'll have to do a video.
        Graham do you turn your seats for beadmaking your van is the same as ours even the instructions on beadmaking do not refer to turning the seats and I note in your Camping in a Dimension you do not refere to turning the front seats we have never had trouble bedmaking but we do use 2 singles the hardest part is getting the headrests off

Alf
        Last edited by alf39; 07-03-2013, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
          Graham do you turn your seats for beadmaking your van is the same as ours even the instructions on beadmaking do not refer to turning the seats

Alf
          Thinking about it no we don't Alf, the seats remain in the forward position and there is a black knob to pull out then the seats will slide right up to the dashboard then lower the back down (without the headrest) do the same with the back seat and slide forward to meet the front seat then lower the back down on that one applying firm pressure on the top of the seat with your knee to make it drop into place.

I was getting confused thinking about turning the drivers seat to make it face backwards.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham do you turn your seats for beadmaking your van is the same as ours even the instructions on beadmaking do not refer to turning the seats and I note in your Camping in a Dimension you do not refere to turning the front seats we have never had trouble bedmaking but we do use 2 singles the hardest part is getting the headrests off

Alf
            Interesting. You don't turn mine first either, in my MK2/R30. Just push the front seat forward as Graham says so the front of the seat squab touches the dash, and release the back so it lies flat. Repeat with the back seat, pushing the squab forward to touch the flattened front seat.
            .......... Sid

Comment

Over the weekend I shall try to make up the beds without turning the seats (I am away all Friday) but I am certain that in my Dimension I have to. It may be the case that the seats are different to yours; my van is 2007 but the internals are all brand new 2012. That may also be the reason why I can fit a handbrake extender, well worthwhile, without it interfering with turning the driver's seat etc. Hope this helps. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

Originally posted by sid b View Post
                Interesting. You don't turn mine first either, in my MK2/R30. Just push the front seat forward as Graham says so the front of the seat squab touches the dash, and release the back so it lies flat. Repeat with the back seat, pushing the squab forward to touch the flattened front seat.
                Perhaps GeeCee means that he has to turn the seats back to the driving position if they have been facing inward while sitting during the day? We have to do that before we can make the beds.

Comment

We never turn our seats, they always face forwards and we just lower the backs. We do find that the seat backs lower better if lowered before sliding forward. They do not flatten properly if lowered when slid forward. No idea why, but they really do not flatten to be same as rear seat and there is a tiny difference in the levels where they meet up.

If ever we did turn them for any reason it was very easy, but we don't do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
                    Perhaps GeeCee means that he has to turn the seats back to the driving position if they have been facing inward while sitting during the day? We have to do that before we can make the beds.
                    Exactly what I meant but did not say! Carole pointed out my error as soon as she saw the post on the Forum. In my ignorance I assumed everyone did as we do which is that as soon as we arrive at a site the first thing we do is turn both seats to face the rear. This habit has come about because the first thing we want is food and so it is good to sit at the table and then we can relax and lounge on the seats afterwards. So when it is time to make up the beds what I wrote is then applicable. It is, of course, also applicable whenever you turn the seats for whatever reason. Sorry about the confusion. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

Exactly what I meant but did not say! Carole pointed out my error as soon as she saw the post on the Forum. In my ignorance I assumed everyone did as we do which is that as soon as we arrive at a site the first thing we do is turn both seats to face the rear. This habit has come about because the first thing we want is food and so it is good to sit at the table and then we can relax and lounge on the seats afterwards. So when it is time to make up the beds what I wrote is then applicable. It is, of course, also applicable whenever you turn the seats for whatever reason. Sorry about the confusion. Graham (and Carole)
                      Exactly like us Graham, turn the seat, get the kettle on!

Going back to your earlier post though, where you say that it is a problem when the seat turns one way and hits the door or steering wheel - you can get round that (or we can in our van) simply by moving the seat forward using the seat adjuster bar - just under the front of the seat - and also bringing the backrest forward This helps the seat to clear the door and the back to clear the steering wheel.

Hard to explain in words, can always show you at a meet!

Comment

No, unlike you, our driving seat will not clear the steering wheel in both directions. I can only think that may be because we have the steering wheel set at a different height to you. We''ll maybe check at a future meet as you suggest. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

Dimension Drivers Seat

No, unlike you, our driving seat will not clear the steering wheel in both directions. I can only think that may be because we have the steering wheel set at a different height to you. We''ll maybe check at a future meet as you suggest. Graham (and Carole)
                          Grahan I think Pauline may be mistaken our seats are the same as yours The front seats will only turn one way from memory the Drivers seat rotates Anticlockwise to face rearwards and the Passenger seat rotates Clockwise to face the rear once you have made the mistake of turning the wrong way a couple of times it comes easy. Point to remember the front of the seats go into the Gangway

Alf

Comment

Grahan I think Pauline may be mistaken our seats are the same as yours The front seats will only turn one way from memory the Drivers seat rotates Anticlockwise to face rearwards and the Passenger seat rotates Clockwise to face the rear once you have made the mistake of turning the wrong way a couple of times it comes easy. Point to remember the front of the seats go into the Gangway

Alf
                            No we can definitely turn our right round 360 degrees, I will do a video and put it on Youtube, watch this space.
                            Graham

Comment

Dimension drivers seat

Mine doesn't turn the full 180 degrees only 45 looking at the base I think that either the original build altered a bolt or the previous owner being that we never use the tables & the boss is happy with it at that angle for watching TV etc. I've never bothered to try and alter it but I did query it with Ant. as far as the bed making goes no real problem sometimes the NS plays up I have too have a couple of goes too get it locked in the biggest fault I find is that I have to give the side door a fair slam which I don't like doing about 10:30 at night so often there's quite a draught blowing I've managed too get rid of one area of draught & that's sealing the gap where the rear seat belt is I've used a length of pipe foam.
                              Pete

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X