X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to advertise a Romahome

Hello (again)

Could anyone give me some advice on the best places to advertise a Romahome C15D Hylo that I'm selling privately?

Thanks in advance

Julian Rains

I can only give you negative advice. I wasted £80.00 advertising our Dimension first on ebay then on Autotrader. Result? One enquiry from ebay and nowt from Autotrader.

Not much help but that was my experience.

Doug

Comment

On Here - In the Romahome Items for Sale bit!

Also Preloved is good - and free!

Comment

Hello
        I had a better experience from Autotrader, but I think time of year is all important. I first advertised it in May, barely a sniff, but on re-newing the advert again in June, we had a lot more interest and sold it failry easy. We were selling our C15 Hylo. I also had advertised it here, at work (local authority) and at my husband's work (big general hospital).
        Good luck,
        Aileen.

Comment

Sent as private message instead.

Comment

I would not for one be happy in buying a motorhome on ebay, no real opportunity to arrange mechanical checks etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
              I would not for one be happy in buying a motorhome on ebay, no real opportunity to arrange mechanical checks etc.
              I was selling one that still had a year's manufacturer's warranty on it so that was a considerable reassurance to any potential buyer.

Doug

Comment

Manufacturs warrenties are not transferrable as I understand it!

But even if they were.... ebay is an auction and decisions are quick. If I am parting with a considerable sum I would need to check and arranging a mechanic on the off chance you may not win is just not practical. Buying privately is risky anyway and ebay is a number of stages worse.

The preloved or classified system does allow you to agree a deal subject to mechanical checks etc.

Comment

thanks all very much for your thoughts, experience and advice

Comment

Manufacturs warrenties are not transferrable as I understand it!

But even if they were.... ebay is an auction and decisions are quick. If I am parting with a considerable sum I would need to check and arranging a mechanic on the off chance you may not win is just not practical. Buying privately is risky anyway and ebay is a number of stages worse.

The preloved or classified system does allow you to agree a deal subject to mechanical checks etc.
                    This warrantry was transferable - I checked and it wasn't an auction, it was an ebay classified. However, I'm not defending ebay because the MH didn't sell there...

Doug

Comment

Ebay classified did not even think of it going on a classified.. Maybe that says something .... I just would not think of going on ebay. Rightly or wrongly I just think the site as highly riskey fine for lowcost items but anything more valuable no way.

Comment

Selling your Romahome

Try our overseas website www.romahome.be. We are trying to have a brand new Romahome R25 on road on mainland Europe, that is not easy because the Romahome R25 is not built according COC standards but are currently build to SMMT standards, but those COC standards are coming in effect by 2012 in the UK also. But if you want to have your used Romahome being sold on mainland Europe you are free to advertise on our website without any cost. Please sent us your details and if possible some pictures, the buyer will deal directly with you.

Kind regards.

Rob

Comment

Thanks ROb

Comment

Hi Sue

One can just email the seller and ask if it's ok to inspect. If it's not then walk away!

Marc

Comment

It is too expensive to travel around the country checking out vehicles on the off chance you may win an auction. I would want to hire a mechanic to check it in which case the deal would need to be agreed, then there is the cost of travel.

At least if you agree a deal in theory with a visual inspection then the mechanical inspection is the last stage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X