As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahomes - let's hear from the silent majority

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahomes - let's hear from the silent majority

After a few negative threads about Romahome I thought I would start a thread praising them, Pauline and I have had 4 different Romahomes including two new builds and all have been excellent, the service we have received from Romahome, Freeborns and Avon Motorcaravans has been second to none and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Romahomes to everyone.

In fact we like them that much it inspired us to start our website all about them which later diversified into other small motorhomes and then this fantastic forum.

So come on fellow Romahome owners let's hear your positive experiences.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Romahomes

I've only had 2 romahomes the first was a 99 Outlook which I was very reluctant too get rid of but the need for a toilet advanced it but we did manage with a Portapotti for the time we had it I found it was a very good design plenty of storage I don't want too upset owners of the new models but I found the one we had was better design.
    We now own a 05 Dimension which I like but as somebody has mentioned in the last couple of days is that the rear doors would have been better reversed or even filled in & a single door. I also think the trim on the rear doors & side door has been skimped.
    Regarding Freeborn's hand overs no complaints Southhampton treated me well with the trade in.
    Regarding servicing no dealings with Southampton but the Godalming branch let me down with a habitation check last week I found that the flex hose from the regulator to the bottle was loose also with a Ins. job a couple of years ago I think they took my Ins. for a ride but then I think that's parr for the course with some firms.
    Pete

Comment

Hi, I think the design is amazing! That is what drew me to them in the first place. My family all live in England and I wanted a van that I could stay in whilst down and also use to drive every day as it would be my only Vehicle.

I researched online and visited shows whilst South. It took me over a year to make my choice, I have the R20 although initially was going for the R10. The reason I went for the R20 is because I can carry passengers, also it is more roomy for longer stays. Also my very tall son can stay too!

I still feel surprised at the amount of storage space, the lighting and the ingenious design of the van. I am delighted at the economical use of diesel.

Also the Citroen chassis is galvanised which is very important for living on an island whee the wind is constant and salt laden. Many of the folk living here drive Berlingos.

So these are my personal yay's for my Romahome. If I had to isolate just one it would be the design of the interior.

Bunchy

Comment

I have had 2 Romahomes,a C15 HiTop and now a Berlingo Outlook (R20).
        Both were/are super vans both well insulated,both very economic,both easy to drive,both reliable, both had/have good bed(s), ample storage, and changed my life for the better!

Highly recommended.

My next van will almost certainly be a Romahome.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          After a few negative threads about Romahome I thought I would start a thread praising them, Pauline and I have had 4 different Romahomes including two new builds and all have been excellent, the service we have received from Romahome, Freeborns and Avon Motorcaravans has been second to none and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Romahomes to everyone.

In fact we like them that much it inspired us to start our website all about them which later diversified into other small motorhomes and then this fantastic forum.

So come on fellow Romahome owners let's hear your positive experiences.
          Yup, I'll second that Graham! I'm on my third now and I have to say, they are quite the little special somethings! I feel I got a fair deal from Neville at Freeborn, and he was very helpful in getting the van prepped sharpish so I could take it to France the following week.
          I feel quite sorry though that some people are difficulty with their roof fabric, and I wish Romahome could get it sorted or the owner take the offer of a refund! I don't think that rubbishing everything Romahome does will win any wars though.
          All new motorhomes have teething problems and as a former PVC owner from a major converter, I can say that Romahome wins hands down for customer service, interest in customer feedback and of course, producing a quality product. I'm sure that whenever a new model is rolled out there will be problems to solve - what can you do when you have to deal with ever-changing base vehicles? Also new mandatory inspection regimes - the relentless new pressures on these great, innovative little British businesses is so challenging !!
          Jacsprat

Comment

diggdeep reply

hi it tuck ose some time to down size only wish we had years ago we had duo then seconhand out look then a new out look on 11 plate was not hapey with dealer then first NEW R20 we liked it that much and we got a good ofer on the 13 plat hope to be a big meet so u all can look round it 50 p a time money to club funds only sad thing denise sae i can not have on next year diggdeep

Comment

The Romahome R20 I have is a real delight, it is so flexible that you can keep changing the layout to suit yourself; I notice that people really do vary the layout to suit themselves. They are just so simple as well, warm, economical to drive ... and have so much packed into a tiny space. I have so much packed into a tiny space... I even have a an outside locker for electric cables, mallets pegs etc.

Avon motorhome service really is second to none....

Comment

Well our short dalliance with a Duo made us realise what a superbly built camper that was. If it wasn't for us wanting a unit with a bathroom for Mediterranean wildcamping I guess it would still be with us.
                I have a 'past' with boats and can see that it was made by an ex boat manufacturer, it would withstand a hurricane!

Sorry not posted or a while, been too busy lately to even log on to forums let along post on them!
                Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
                  The Romahome R20 I have is a real delight, it is so flexible that you can keep changing the layout to suit yourself; I notice that people really do vary the layout to suit themselves. They are just so simple as well, warm, economical to drive ... and have so much packed into a tiny space. I have so much packed into a tiny space... I even have a an outside locker for electric cables, mallets pegs etc.

Avon motorhome service really is second to none....
                  I like the fact I can change the layout to suit what I'm doing. I am a textile artist and forgot to say that the big windows and roof skylights were also really important when I chose the van. Also I chose the white inside and the lightest colour fabric so for my work it is a great mini studio
                  Being able to change the layout is also great for the work I do, also the strange means I can easily accommodate all the design equipment!

I don't think I have an outside storage locker unless its the gas cylinder locker?

Comment

Romahome Dimension

We have a 56 plate Dimension although I have posted several negative comments on poor service by Freeborn and Romahome this has been on the specific vehicles referred to in those posts.

Our Dimension is of a superb quality build both the workmanship and quality of material is of the highest quality, having had a number of Auto-Sleepers over the years the quality matches the older Auto-Sleepers and is by far better than the ones turned out by Auto-Sleepers in the last 10 years or so my only niggle is the rear door opening but we can live with that. No mass produced convertor can expect perfection all the time even a specially built one can have items wrong.

Its how they carry out the remedial work that counts.

So yes our Romahome is of Superb Quality and gets 9.99 out of 10

Alf

Comment

HI
                      We have had two romahomes R25 and R30 did not get on with the R25 but that's not Romahomes fault .We had to have two rear seats for the grandchildren not many manufactures have this layout if any. Bought them from Freebournes in Southampton ,had a few faults but where put right without any trouble. Very pleased with the R30

BRIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Bunchy View Post
                        I don't think I have an outside storage locker unless its the gas cylinder locker?
                        My R20 has a gas locker AND a very useful outside locker. It is really useful because you can shove wet cables, toilet chemicals and other stuff out of the main van. It is something I really value and think it is brilliant they supply one.

Comment

I was first attracted to Romahomes decades ago when I had my eye on the old Bambi model, then when a Berlingo version was launched I lived in the hope that one day I would be lucky enough to own one - and now I am.

Mine is a 2005 HyLo and it's lived up to all hopes and expectations. The build quality is good, insulation excellent for year-round camping and I've not been disappointed in any way at all. I had problems with the rear door lock and a leak leading to a rotten floor but my van wasn't bought new and I suspect previous owners were blissfully unaware of this and the problem was ongoing rather than being quickly rectified to prevent damage.

I have a few trivial niggles with the design - such as the routing of the water hose which is vulnerable to freezing, and some fixings being riveted into place rather than screwed which makes it difficult for the end-user to make minor repairs. I'd also prefer to see pull-out drawers on castors instead of lockers accessed by removing bulky cushions in a confined area and a slightly larger gas locker to accommodate a larger propane bottle.

The Romahome layout is well thought out, works and makes the most of a small space - and it can go anywhere a car can. Romahome gets a much-deserved thumbs-up from me and I would recommend the vans to anyone, and already have done!

Comment

We part exchanged our 20 year old Hylo for Bessy, a brand new R20. We bought her at Freeborn Guildford. Michael Shepherd could not have been more helpful. He got everything sorted out for us, even getting a tracker fitted with less than 48 hours notice when I suddenly panicked about her being stolen a couple of days before we were due to collect her. He and his team were a pleasure to deal with and we feel very confident that should anything go wrong, they would sort it out straight away. We went away in her for a week as soon as we had picked her up and we are thrilled with her. We are hoping that she will be the last motorhome we will have but would not consider anything other than a Romahome.

Comment

It must say something for the quality of Romahome that there are people on this forum who have had a problem with their motorhome and yet, if the time came to buy another motorhome, would not buy any other make except Romahome. I think the secret does lie in the quality of the product. Yes, some of us have had problems but the truth of the matter is that when it is all sorted out you finish up with a damned good motorhome that I find hard to beat. Certainly you won't be able to prise us away from our R30. It is a complete package in a small parcel but brilliantly thought out. Like everything, I suppose, you have to get used to its operation and then everything falls into place. For those who have never driven one it is a revelation, as easy, or easier, to drive than a car. My first impression was that I never knew van drivers had it so good! The view in the mirrors is superb and the comfort of the seats and driving position is spot on. We always drive with full tanks and the ability to stop anywhere, and that includes where an estate car can stop because it is so short, with the ability to make an instant cuppa, is invaluable. Well done Romahome!

Graham (and Carole)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X