As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Question

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Question

Like many owners I have drained my water system down over the past few months due to the very cold conditions but have occasionally filled / drained down the system just to keep it in good order - I use my R25 as my sole vehicle so it gets used almost on a daily basis and therefore not left on the drive for long periods. I've seen a couple of articles recently about the floe water cleaning system - http://www.keepfloeing.com/. Anyone use this system or had it installed on their motorhome? I would be interested in your thoughts as to using or having a system installed.
    It appears not to be that expensive and does the job of getting rid of water in the pipes / tank.

Regards
    Richard G
    R25 Owner

We have it for our caravan and used it last autumn to drain down and again after our new year trip. It is easy to use, we bought a tyre compressor with a digital display to ensure we didn't overdo the pressure, and it definitely helps get water out of the system.
    The first time we used it we had travelled approx 20 miles, having opened all the taps etc before we set off and the floe still pushed over 1.5 pints of water out of the system.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

HI glenw
      Try this we had a R25 before we had the R30 both have limited room to fit this device .I disconnected the pipe on the water tank under the van its only held on with a jubilee clip and then attaché an air bed pump, just watch you do not build up to much pressure, you could use a bicycle pump with gauge. I also fitted a drain off tap on our R25 the R30 has one fitted to drain the tank .
      Take a look at the other threads our R25
      BRIAN
      Attached Files

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X