This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear springs

Firstly may I say hello as this is my first venture on to this site. Could I ask and hunt for some answers from you; as my partner has a C15 Roma home I believe a 1998 model, it has had a new (reclaimed) axle fitted but the guy that did the job has not replaced the rear springs. The Roma home has bottomed out on occasion.

Where and what sort of springs do I need to get hold of, and is it a job that I can do next time I am with the Roma home. I am worried that my partner should be driving at all!

Steve

It should have a set of spring assisters (MAD or Grayston). They are not cheap but are worth the money.

The reason the springs were not changed is because a special Citroen spring compressor is required. Why would they change the springs anyway. Fitting new ones yes -but they would have to be sourced from Citroen as they are quite rare.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by lottie View Post
      Firstly may I say hello as this is my first venture on to this site. Could I ask and hunt for some answers from you; as my partner has a C15 Roma home I believe a 1998 model, it has had a new (reclaimed) axle fitted but the guy that did the job has not replaced the rear springs. The Roma home has bottomed out on occasion.

Where and what sort of springs do I need to get hold of, and is it a job that I can do next time I am with the Roma home. I am worried that my partner should be driving at all!

Steve
      Thanks Peter; to answer your question as to why change the springs... one of them was knackered so the mechanic did not put them back on and told my partner she could easily get replacement and get me to fit them.

So Peter you say buy Grayson spring assisters, is this an actual spring (what size), also how do I fit them (do I jack up the Romahome and place in slot????). I'm not totally mechanically inept but if I need spring compressors for the job then its off to a garage.
      Also Peter do you know if she is safe to pootle around town without springs on, she lives in Todmorden and me up in Northumberland and will be a while till I get down there.
      Any feed back is appreciated.

Comment

Sounds as though we are at cross purposes here.

Sounds like it is the spring assisters that are knackered. If you buy new ones from grayston or MAD then they come with instructions. Fairly straightforward to fit but you will need axle stands. I am sure that your local garage will fit them for a modest sum.

If we are talking spring assisters (also known as helper springs) it is possible to use the vehicle locally until new ones are fitted.

Peter

Comment