This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movelite awning and Dimension

Does anyone know if the small Movelite awning will fit the Dimension. Either on rear door or side door. There is a roll out canopy fitted on van. We like to be able to leave chairs and bits and pieces on site if we pop out and can't do this with the fitted side canopy of course.

Not a major problem but just wanted to know for a trip soon. Thanks

Originally posted by Flo View Post
    Does anyone know if the small Movelite awning will fit the Dimension. Either on rear door or side door. There is a roll out canopy fitted on van. We like to be able to leave chairs and bits and pieces on site if we pop out and can't do this with the fitted side canopy of course.

I have seen one fitted on the side door, dont know how it was attatched.
    Have you got a gutter above the door, if so the figure8 rubber strip should do it.
    Hope this helps.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

We've got a movelite square and we can fit it on the side or the back of the van.

The yellow straps just throw over the van and peg down the other side, we have also got a piece of kit that fits in the Fiamma roll out awning and the awning will fit on that but its not entirely necessary as you can use the yellow straps. Hope that makes sense.

See attached picture.
      Attached Files
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham

Your movelite looks different from ours. You have bigger windows. I like the large windows but really can't justify buying a new one just for that. Ours is probably an earlier model. We have 4 yellow storm straps but just 'strings' attached to the pull/throw over bit and we currently tie these to the Outlook wing mirrors. I am assuming that your movelite is the same size as ours so it should fit OK.

The pretty lady sitting in the seat looks like she is waiting for a cup of tea, are you inside making it?

Comment

Thanks to you too Ian. I will just have to give it a try on next trip which will be the first in our new van. The Outlook is the cleanest and tidiest it has been for ages and I have assured it, that it will go to a good home.

Comment

Thanks Graham

Your movelite looks different from ours. You have bigger windows. I like the large windows but really can't justify buying a new one just for that. Ours is probably an earlier model. We have 4 yellow storm straps but just 'strings' attached to the pull/throw over bit and we currently tie these to the Outlook wing mirrors. I am assuming that your movelite is the same size as ours so it should fit OK.

The pretty lady sitting in the seat looks like she is waiting for a cup of tea, are you inside making it?
            Yes, you will find that the storm straps will tie to the mirrors of the Dimension if you want to put it on the back or alternatively if you are putting it on the side ours are just long enough to peg into the ground.

The pretty lady is more likely waiting for a glass of wine she normally sits back and relaxes whilst "muggins" here waits on her hand and foot.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi

We have a Movelite XL which we use in three ways.

1 On the back of the van with the straps to the sides and the tunnel
              over the top of the van and pegged down at the sides.
              2 On the side of the van with the straps over the top (as Graham's
              photograph).
              3 We park the van to one side of the pitch. We roll out the canopy
              from the van and then peg out the awning up to the canopy.
              The tunnel then rolls up neatly leaving you with a free-standing
              awning/tent for your chairs etc.
              Hope you have lots of fun with your new purchase. I may be able to find you photos but yours maybe the smaller version, so this may not be useful.

Keith and Gail
              Last edited by Dorset Dimension; 03-06-2010, 18:44.

Comment

I read somewhere that if you're using one on the side and need to throw those guy ropes over the top, attaching them to tennis balls is an easy way to get them over! Don't know if it works though!

Comment

jayjay, you have some really good ideas. Like the tennis balls one.

Dorset Dimension, will have a go with our small Movelite and suppose we will have to wait and see. We collect van next week and it will be really nice to have the dedicated wet room and not have to keep pulling the blinds shut and climbing over each other or having to stand out in the rain or cold for a few mins every so often, if you understand what I mean, particularly as we will be camping without facilities for at least 5 days almost every other week from now on!

Comment

Yes!

If you look at the photo in our avatar, you will see the old small Movelite on the side of our Dimension. The fixing kit has a dumbell section strip and two/three plastic figure of eight section joiner strips. The dumbell goes in the slot in the roll out awning and the plastic strips slide onto the dumbell and onto the edge strip of the "tunnel" (simultaneously). Once pitched, to drive away, simply slide out the dumbell and away you go. The secret is to get the correct tension on the connecting tunnel. We wind out the awning, erect the Movelite and connect it, then wind the awning back in.

Graham's lash up of throwing the straps over the van is just that - a lash up.

Barry

Comment

Hi Barry

I got lost at the dumbell bit. I am sure we will work it out once we have seen someone else's. Could not zoom on your avatar but looks good to me!

Comment

Hi Barry

I got lost at the dumbell bit. I am sure we will work it out once we have seen someone else's. Could not zoom on your avatar but looks good to me!
                        I think we have got what Barry is trying to describe, it cost us about £20 from the Newark show and enables you to fit the awning directly on to the fiamma awning channel. We haven't tried it out yet but will do on our hols later in the month.

We'll give you a demo at the Polstead meet.
                        Graham

Comment

Here is a picture of it from the Outdoor Revolution website.
                          Attached Files
                          Graham

Comment

It's quite difficult to fit that strip into the awning rail - It wouldn't slide in nicely when I did it. I had to poke it in bit by bit with a screwdriver which took ages.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
                              It's quite difficult to fit that strip into the awning rail - It wouldn't slide in nicely when I did it. I had to poke it in bit by bit with a screwdriver which took ages.

Doug
                              There are two different types, you have to get the one which is specifically for the Fiamma awning rail, we got the wrong one the first time and had the same trouble as you but the one we have got now slides in with no problem.
                              Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X