This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance?

I am collecting my Outlook next week, from Southampton (Sorry Ant - I got impatient ). Any Insurance Company recommendations? Who do you all use?

Thanks

Safeguard

Not the cheapest but really good when you need them

Comment

Congratulations on your new home. I am sure you will have lots of fun with your new purchase.

Comment

I insure with NIG via Devitts, through the Caravan club, They may not be the cheapest, but when my mtorcaravan was stolen they paid full insured value without quibble, plus £2000 for contents.
        I know there are cheaper, but having read some of the problems people have getting paid by cheap companies, I think you get what you pay for.
        Goodluck
        Ian
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Safeguard for us too. They were very helpful when we had two vans (not boasting, just waiting to sell one!)
          Aileen

Comment

We used Caravanguard last year and they are cheapest so far for current year with best cover including breakdown and legal- for us. We found them extremely efficient with cover note for new van transfer and dealt direct with the dealer for me, so he had the note in time to arrange car tax purchase.

The assistant also remembered me when I phoned again to ask about changing all the cover note arrangements. He agreed to change the cover note without even a sigh! even though it meant starting from scratch. As it happened we stayed with original plan.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Interesting that there isn't one company that is a particular favourite for roma owners.... I guess different owners have different requirements even if similar vans

Comment

Think also it depends what deal the insurance company is doing at the time...

Insurance companys are always joggling for position so it varies all the time.

Comment

We are really fed up with this annual phone round as the comanies vie for your business. It is ridiculous having to phone for quotes for House, contents, car, van, phone tariffs, gas, electric, savings rates (or not!!!) etc etc.

As we saved over £1000 this year we have decided to spend the time next year doing the garden and sticking with the companies that we have chosen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                    We are really fed up with this annual phone round as the comanies vie for your business. It is ridiculous having to phone for quotes for House, contents, car, van, phone tariffs, gas, electric, savings rates (or not!!!) etc etc.

As we saved over £1000 this year we have decided to spend the time next year doing the garden and sticking with the companies that we have chosen this year.
                    I agree, it's extremely tiresome. Just sorted out my car insurance but there was a £300 difference between the quote from old company and quote from new. Being VERY patient, I used moneysupermarket.com.

I also tried comparethemarket, but the quotes (??even from the same companies??) were much higher.

Comment

Safeguard knock a bit off if you are a member of the Roma Club! B

Comment

Insurance

We are with the NFU, don't know if you have the same ones down South?
                        They are a mutual company and you get discounts if you are with them for a while, this year it is double discount (only if present member, plus extra discounts if you have other insurance with them)

This is the third motorhome we have insured with them. We did try various other online quotes this year for insurance and rescue, stuck with the same company at the end of the day, motorhome companies couldn't compare and were giving us Eurpoean cover included, we didn't want that but were going to be charged as it was inclusive.

Their road side rescue package is good price compared to others.

You pays your money and takes your chance

Baldybantam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X