As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awnings and Customer Service

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awnings and Customer Service

Well, I know some of you have had no problems with your particular make of awnings, but we reckon ours was made at end of shift on a friday
    It was coming apart at the seams. After 7 days use!! We telephoned the manufacturer, and their customer service was the most patronising person I have ever spoken to . Having asked me also if I could get the said item back to them I asked if they were going to pay the postage, at which point I was quickly told to take it back to the retailer.
    We telephoned the retailer yesterday TOWSURE of Southampton, their customer service was Number one. We returned the awning today, showed them the problem and were given a full refund. They were polite, pleasant and well mannered. So we spent some more money
    Jessie

Shame about the awning letting you down, never mind the poor customer service from the maunfacturer

At least Towsure were good to you, to help restore your faith in customer care.

BUT, what awning are you going to get next, or have you already bought one???
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
      We telephoned the retailer yesterday TOWSURE of Southampton, their customer service was Number one. We returned the awning today, showed them the problem and were given a full refund. They were polite, pleasant and well mannered. So we spent some more money
      Hi

What a horrible experience. We sometimes use Towsure and our experience has always been the same as yours. A little bit like sites ...... some very helpful ..... some not so

Gail

Comment

...their customer service was the most patronising person I have ever spoken to...

It should be kept in mind that in this instance, and in most cases of problems with consumer goods, you were not their customer.

You bought it from Towsure and it was their duty to put it right. Consumer law provides you with adequate protection and remedies in the case of faulty goods and it is the supplier, not the manufacturer, who is responsible. Towsure clearly understood this and put matters right swiftly.

Towsure will no doubt take up the matter with their suppliers.

Some manufacturers like to know of, and put right, problems with their products because it protects their good name and keeps them aware of issues, but this is just good business practice, not an obligation.

Others will just observe the status quo. They make it, then sell it to wholesalers or distributers. The retailer will often put several hundred percent mark-up on the item and they earn their money by keeping the customer happy.

Comment

[QUOTE=paul;6802]It should be kept in mind that in this instance, and in most cases of problems with consumer goods, you were not their customer.

Paul. Maybe I should have read the Consumer Act 1979 before getting in touch with the manufacturer!!! Imagine if a copy was attached to every item we ever bought!! Much returned!!! It has certainly educated me in my rights.

But, I AM their customer, I bought 'their product' It was the manufacturer that invited me to telephone them after I emailed looking to them for their 'advice'. Customer Service or not ..... This person was Patronising without cause..end of story
          Last edited by jessiem; 26-06-2010, 08:26.
          Jessie

Comment

It was the manufacturer that invited me to telephone them after I emailed looking to them for their 'advice'.
            If they invited you to telephone then fobbed you off then that is clearly unforgiveable but you still weren't their customer. You didn't buy it from them.

Faulty goods are the responsibility of the person or company who sold them. There is only any legal recourse or redress available from that person or company and you have the full backing of the law in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
              If they invited you to telephone then fobbed you off then that is clearly unforgiveable but you still weren't their customer. You didn't buy it from them.

Faulty goods are the responsibility of the person or company who sold them. There is only any legal recourse or redress available from that person or company and you have the full backing of the law in doing so.

I do like a debate...but it could be ongoing, because if it weren't for 'customers' the 'manufacturer' wouldn't be in production. I think we should leave it there....

Have a nice weekend
              Jessie

Comment

We can't leave it there, you haven't told us if you've got a new awning!!!!
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X