This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, it wasn't you!

We've just come back from 19 days touring around North Yorkshire and the Yorkshire Dales. Romahomes were thin on the ground, we only saw 3, all on the same site.(Boroughbridge C&CC 15th-18th July)
    A C reg demountable, had a brief chat to the owner but didn't get to mention the forum - sorry Graham/Pauline.

Also, a hi-lo. You left the morning after we arrived so didn't get chance to say hello - you left ignoring the 1 way system and drove teh wrong way out of the site, naughty - naughty!!!!

Finally - a romini. I'd just been onto the forum to catch up. I had a few mins before tea - we were having a BBQ with friends so I decided to have a wonder around the site to look at a huge motorhome I'd been told about. Thats when I saw the romini, with a nice blue 'vintage' car parked alongside. I'd just read about twolitre's unit on here and there it was in front of me. I went across to say hello, the door was closed and the owner didn't answer the door, I assumed he'd walked into town for tea. So I popped back to our van and wrote him a note to say hello and stuck it to his romini door.

"hi, just popped over to say hello, I assume you are twolitre from the small motorhome forum, your set up is pretty unique, I doubt there can be 2 on the road. We are on the other field in a Pilote motorhome. GLENW"

We left the next day, the romini was still on site but the car wasn't. I assumed he'd gone to the car show at nearby Newby Hall.

After that, we didn't have internet access until we got home yesterday. I PM'ed twolitre and then looked at his photo's. His reply confirmed what I had already suspected from looking at his photo's. The unit I saw wasn't him!!!! The car I saw was dark blue, A singer I think. It even said 'twolitre' on the front grill. OOOPS!!! So now I have to hope that the owner is intrigued by my note, finds the forum and pops along to say hello back.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Graham,please note

this re-enforces my suggestion that we have buisness type cards to hand out,
    and at what point do you think this forum should become a club,or is that not what you want?
    you are very successful, now where?
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

You WERE on the right track Glen! At least - my car is a two litre and it says so on the front! That in itself is unusual and that DID prompt my Forum name. Most cars like mine are 1.5 litre or less, so very few tow caravans of any size. Just for the record I did for years tow a lightweight 13ft Monza all over the place with my wife alongside and our Belgian Shepherd Shandy in the back. I think he enjoyed travelling and caravanning more than we did! But then, sadly, my circumstances changed and now there is only me, my Gentry and my Romini.

Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 23-07-2010, 17:10.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Wow Glen what an amazing coincidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
          this re-enforces my suggestion that we have buisness type cards to hand out,
          and at what point do you think this forum should become a club,or is that not what you want?
          you are very successful, now where?
          Ian
          Hi Ian

Interesting point you have made. We have moved the replies to this post so that Glen's post doesn't get swamped by off topic posts.

If anyone wants to join in the discussion started by Ian you can view it here:

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=1098
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Glen

I think I would have done exactly the same thing, fancy there being two Rominis towed by lovely cars like Jim's.

As you say hopefully the owner will be curious enough to pop on the forum and find out what it's all about, thanks for the plug.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Looking back at this thread, after encountering the two Rominis at the TSSOC meeting at Stafford, owned by people who run Triumph and Morris Minor cars. It occurred to me that maybe quite a few Rominis could be regularly coupled with classic cars.

Older cars often tend to be smaller and in general have less power to spare. The Romini is ideal for the job, being much lighter than most vans and much more comfortable than a tent for those weekend meets.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X