This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saxville Rd - Kent

Whilst visiting a friend in Kent I have spotted a very poorly Romahome parked in Saxville Road... does it belong to anyone on here?

The front end is all smashed up
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Minimouse View Post
    Whilst visiting a friend in Kent I have spotted a very poorly Romahome parked in Saxville Road... does it belong to anyone on here?

The front end is all smashed up
    Goodmorning M/m.
    I bet having read that,lots of members did as I did and looked out into the snow to check their Van, other road users still slipping and sliding around,why drive and risk your neck and your van? Ah well, Stay warm,see you in the spring
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Strange!

Hi Minimouse,
      How strange, I thought I could shed some light on this... but not at all sure if I can after reading your post again..... Here goes, I went to look at an 02 Duo Hylo with accident damage to the rear it wae located in St Mary Cray (close to the road you mentioned if its in Orpington) this was in early November. Not only was there rear damage but lots of bits already taken out, crucially no documents at all (with some very faltering story about them being lost twixt insurers and DVLA!) so I walked away!
      At that time it had no frontal damage..... (theres a picture of it in pictures within my profile) I think its still for sale on Gumtree at a rapidly reducing price.
      It seems quite a coincidence that there are two Romahomes with damage so close to each other!!

All the best
      Andyvan

Comment

Morning Ian, Spring yes will welcome that when it comes, when I was a kid some 65 years ago the saying was, "The March winds do blow and we will have snow" enough said...........
        My van is staying parked up, I just start it up and let it tick over for five mins. Happy times, Spring roll on...........
        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
          Morning Ian, Spring yes will welcome that when it comes, when I was a kid some 65 years ago the saying was, "The March winds do blow and we will have snow" enough said...........
          My van is staying parked up, I just start it up and let it tick over for five mins. Happy times, Spring roll on...........
          Hi Bryan,
          The poem was as follows;
          The North Wind Doth Blow,
          and we shall have snow,
          and what shall the robin do then,poor thing.
          To keep himself warm,
          he shall hide in a barn,
          and hide his head under his wing,poor thing.

No mention of March,so chin up,see you at Kingsbury.I will bring a bottle!!
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by andyvan View Post
            Hi Minimouse,
            How strange, I thought I could shed some light on this... but not at all sure if I can after reading your post again..... Here goes, I went to look at an 02 Duo Hylo with accident damage to the rear it wae located in St Mary Cray (close to the road you mentioned if its in Orpington) this was in early November. Not only was there rear damage but lots of bits already taken out, crucially no documents at all (with some very faltering story about them being lost twixt insurers and DVLA!) so I walked away!
            At that time it had no frontal damage..... (theres a picture of it in pictures within my profile) I think its still for sale on Gumtree at a rapidly reducing price.
            It seems quite a coincidence that there are two Romahomes with damage so close to each other!!

All the best
            Andyvan
            Don't think it's the same one ... but certainly sounds like the same place .. as saxville is in St Mary Cray

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              Goodmorning M/m.
              I bet having read that,lots of members did as I did and looked out into the snow to check their Van, other road users still slipping and sliding around,why drive and risk your neck and your van? Ah well, Stay warm,see you in the spring
              Hi Ian, I keep checking my van even though it's parked inbetween my car and my neighbours transit.... took me long enough to get it on the road I don't want it off again before I get a chance to use it properly ..
              see you when the sun starts shining again

Comment

Bluebird (Hytop Duo) is nicely tucked under a very high carport (kindly erected by the previous house owner), the roof of it leaks in a few places, but with equally high doors at the front is nicely protected. Unfortunately as it is my only vehicle I will have to use it, but possibly only once before Christmas as I have stocked up with most goodies and there is an Aldi within walking distance as long as I don't carry very much. I'm beginning to get stir crazy, but have a new computer with a different operating system to play with. That is keping the brain cells ticking over.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X