As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minehead R25 at 4.45pm

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minehead R25 at 4.45pm

Saw a magnificent R25 sweep by me in Minehead today as I finished work at the hospital. Was it you? Never seen one out in the open road like that before. Would love to know if you stop by this forum.

If that sighting was on Sunday - we saw it too!!

We had ventured down there on the bike, just to blow away the cobwebs - and saw it pass a few times.

Just as we were leaving, it sailed past again, stopping further up the road.
    As we passed, the driver, a big ginger-haired guy, was checking the parking allowance - so I stopped and asked him if he was a Member here.

He didn't seem to want to talk - saying only that he didn't know if they were keeping the vehicle, as it had a lot of faults!!

With that, he disappeared back to it!!

Mike

Comment

Oh what a pity somebody that is having problems is an interesting person to talk to as I think you learn more when there are problems. You can then decide if you can live with them, work out how to modify them or get them changed or avoid a disaster. All vehicles have some problems however good they are.

No it was on a Tuesday I had just finished work and was leaving Minehead hospital... but it is quite likely that it was the same guy on holiday because there cannot be that many R25's out there yet.

Comment

I would have liked to ask the ginger haired guy about the R25. I dream of owning a R25. I would also have asked him if his hair was some other colour before the R25 problems started.
        Tony

Comment

Hmmm

We must be lucky with our R25 then, hardly any faults to speak of except a brake indicator when new, which was a base vehicle related problem sorted by Citroen.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

I think also Tony that a campervan/motorhome is a very personal thing and what bothers us varies and all designs have pros and cons. I have to say, and I hope I do not end up eating my words on this one, but Romahome have always seemed to have excellent aftersales service and build their vans well. It is one of the reasons I am attracted to them because they do look after their customers. This sadly is not the case with all makers and dealers and if you are going to part with lets face it... an obscenely large ammount of cash on such a luxury you want to be looked after properly.

I love the look of the R25 and the feel of it my only worries currently are what it is like to drive as I can imagine that it is quite lumbering and the visability from such a low position. So when the house finally sells... sigh a test drive is in order. The other thing is ground clearance, I know you have put on different ground steadies Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
              I think also Tony that a campervan/motorhome is a very personal thing and what bothers us varies and all designs have pros and cons. I have to say, and I hope I do not end up eating my words on this one, but Romahome have always seemed to have excellent aftersales service and build their vans well. It is one of the reasons I am attracted to them because they do look after their customers. This sadly is not the case with all makers and dealers and if you are going to part with lets face it... an obscenely large ammount of cash on such a luxury you want to be looked after properly.

I love the look of the R25 and the feel of it my only worries currently are what it is like to drive as I can imagine that it is quite lumbering and the visability from such a low position. So when the house finally sells... sigh a test drive is in order. The other thing is ground clearance, I know you have put on different ground steadies Tony.

Tentpeg

If there's one thing the R25 is not, is lumbering. The missus constantly has to remind me I am driving a Motorhome not my Mondeo.
              As for visibility, the combination of rear view mirrors and always on reversing camera and good all-round front view, this also is not a problem.
              Of course I am biased, but road test one yourself and you will be pleasantly surprised, if you can handle all the attention it brings, that is, people gawping at you.
              The grounding issue I had was because I have a particularly steep drive approach, my car almost bottoms as well. With a bit of attention to not overloading the rear as we were and lighter gas bottle, the problem has not re-arisen.
              From what I have heard the new R25 comes without the full sized spare wheel to reduce weight.

Tony Anchorman

Tony Anchorman
              Last edited by anchorman; 29-01-2011, 11:37.

Comment

Hi ya Tony, you may noticed the change of name... i.e. roamingsue = tentpeg.

No worries the only thing I do not like about the R25 is its name! Now that is hardly a major problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
                  Hi ya Tony, you may noticed the change of name... i.e. roamingsue = tentpeg.

No worries the only thing I do not like about the R25 is its name! Now that is hardly a major problem.
                  Hello Tentpeg,( hardly a flattering name if I may make so Bold)
                  Everyone gives their van its own name,mine is called Jane and she talks to me via the satnav
                  Yes I know,dont say it!
                  I assume you now have a tent hence the name,you can still join us at Moreton in Marsh you know! look forward to seeing you.
                  Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Yes I still am in a tent but am working on it! Very well may do some meets, never know pigs may fly, I might finally sell my house and get a home on wheels.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X