This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlands and Islands: So Many!

Just back from 8 days in Mull, near Mallaig and Skye. Where do I start?
    Fionnport, Mull: C15
    Road to the Isles South of Mallaig: R20/Outlook
    Invercaimbe Campsite, Arisaig (south of Mallaig), Hylo
    Broadford, Skye, Hylo
    Buness, Mull: Bongo x 2
    And more that I've forgotten.
    Were any of them you? Anyone around Mull, Mallaig, Skye and then the journey south to North Wales?
    Aileen

I came back from Scotland about 2 weeks ago, when I was at Fort William I saw 3 other romahomes but everytime I walked by the vans, couldn't see anyone. Spent 2 nights on the campsite on Mull just when I got off the Oban Ferry but didn't see any romahomes, then drove on to get to the ferry for Iona,and left my van at the free car park when I spent 2 nights on Iona, did you go to Iona?

Comment

Yes, Iona and Raasay too (although as foot passengers to both). We were very lucky, it only rained on one day and the sun shone for much of it.

Comment

Yes, Iona and Raasay too (although as foot passengers to both). We were very lucky, it only rained on one day and the sun shone for much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
          Just back from 8 days in Mull, near Mallaig and Skye. Where do I start?
          Fionnport, Mull: C15
          Road to the Isles South of Mallaig: R20/Outlook
          Invercaimbe Campsite, Arisaig (south of Mallaig), Hylo
          Broadford, Skye, Hylo
          Buness, Mull: Bongo x 2
          And more that I've forgotten.
          Were any of them you? Anyone around Mull, Mallaig, Skye and then the journey south to North Wales?
          Aileen
          Whoopeee! It's a takeover! :so happy:
          Trip sounds great fun.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

live on skye

Just joined the forum - just bought an old Y reg romahome.

Live on Skye - so if anyone wanting advice re camping up here - pls ask - so easy to wild camp - a few good camp sites - wonderful scenery - weather - well it's october now so I'll pass on that one - but overall Romahomes ideal for the roads we have up here - bigger motorhomes less so

Comment

Hello Cedas and welcome.
              This was the second time we've visited Skye and will hopefully not be our last. I'll certainly ask for advice if we're visiting again. Lucky you living there!
              Aileen

Comment

please contact me if you plan to visit (of course living here doesn't mean I know best places to camp!!) . Have to say this summer I HATE motorhome owners - so many of them don't seem to use their mirrors to see there are 6-7 cars behind them on single track roads (maybe going to work - maybe going to important appointment ) and you wouldn't believe the number of camper vans who actually park overnight in passing places - seemingly oblivious of the real purpose (would you be happy if you had to back up hill 50 metres or so to allow a wagon full of sheep to pass - that cannot back up - and all because some idiot in a motorhome has blocked a passing place?) Of course on this forum we are SMALL motorhomes - so hopefully don't take up so much space and anyway are more considerate. But apart from a couple of good campsites there are loads of places to wild camp withoug upsetting the natives

Comment

I totally agree with you. There are rude and unthinking people wherever you go, but it becomes more important when scales are small. My next door neighbour regularly parks across my drive so as not to block in his wife and/or daughter. I love the fact that blocking his next door neighbour isn't an issue for him!
                  We have the non-backer uppers and space blockers here too. I sometimes think there are 2 highway codes: one that nearly everyone I know follows, and the one for those that rules don't apply to.
                  Aileen. x

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X