As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M60/M62/M57 Stockport to Liverpool today

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M60/M62/M57 Stockport to Liverpool today

Hi Forumites

With our car in for serious welding surgery to get it through the MOT, we have been travelling everywhere in the Romahome Demountable.

Despite a day out to Crosby beach in Liverpool and back to see 100 Antony Gormley sculptures on the beach staring out to sea, we didn't see a single Romahome.

Where is everyone today? It's been such a nice day. And I would strongly recommend the trip to Crosby Beach.

Patricia

I've been using this lovely day to put some tolleys creeping crack cure in my caravan (found one of the leaks!) and also to paint another inside wall in there. Would rather be out and about though! Glad you had a nice day out - that's somewhere I've promised myself to go for a day out as well!

Comment

Originally posted by patriscott View Post
      Hi Forumites

With our car in for serious welding surgery to get it through the MOT, we have been travelling everywhere in the Romahome Demountable.

Despite a day out to Crosby beach in Liverpool and back to see 100 Antony Gormley sculptures on the beach staring out to sea, we didn't see a single Romahome.

Where is everyone today? It's been such a nice day. And I would strongly recommend the trip to Crosby Beach.

Patricia
      Been there and loved it. Fascinating watching them all appear as the tide goes out. Glad you both enjoyed it.

Comment

Well darn'sarf its been overcast though not unpleasent...... I should have been at Chertsey this weekend, but have friends visiting, am not really complaining as its sometimes great to do the 'visitor' thing around Brighton.. and it has involved food and drink
        The Gormley men at Crosby are great I think, they're set in a changing landscape so no two visits are ever the same...... I think there's something poigniant about them, and they are now well loved by the locals..Often festooned with scarves etc depending on the fortunes of LFC or the toffees!
        Happy trails
        Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

Yep its very nice at Crosby. The cafe/ restaurant overlooking the marine lake is ok >Unusual having a meal and watching sailboarding/ kayaking/ dragon boats.
          The National Trust at Formby with the red squirells making a come back is worth seeing aswell.
          Nice camp site at Formby Point among the dunes.

Comment

The Formby Point site looks interesting, an easy drive for us
            Mary

Comment

I believe the red squirrels are getting a bit harder to spot these days, because of increasing numbers of grey ones again. We saw quite a few when we went a couple of years ago by mistake, thinking the Antony Gormleys were there. Dur!

Comment

My two daughters, both with red hair tied back in pony tails, did not find it funny when two scousers pointed at them and comment, 'Look! Red Squirrels!'
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                  The Formby Point site looks interesting, an easy drive for us
                  I was thinking the same thing! Looks good and I'm keeping it in mind for a date next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing! Looks good and I'm keeping it in mind for a date next year.
                    Maybe see you there!
                    Mary

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                      Yep its very nice at Crosby. The cafe/ restaurant overlooking the marine lake is ok >Unusual having a meal and watching sailboarding/ kayaking/ dragon boats.
                      The National Trust at Formby with the red squirells making a come back is worth seeing aswell.
                      Nice camp site at Formby Point among the dunes.
                      But keep away from that site when it is windy!
                      A friend had a folding Rapido caravan. Helping him to erect it in the wind, standing in the middle holding the roof while he battled with the wind to align the side wall I was lifted off my feet and lifted about five feet into the air before the wind relented. Very scary.
                      The ensuing night was a bit of a nightmare with my caravan bouncing around and the Rapido threatening to dis-assemble itself!
                      Jim.
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X