As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first trip. 4 days in southport

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first trip. 4 days in southport

we have just returned home from our first trip in our van.spotted a roma home hilo in southport and returned a wave.we cant believe the amount of kit that can be packed into such a small space. home for a couple of days then up to the lakes for a week.

Originally posted by twojays View Post
    we have just returned home from our first trip in our van.spotted a roma home hilo in southport and returned a wave.we cant believe the amount of kit that can be packed into such a small space. home for a couple of days then up to the lakes for a week.
    Hope you enjoyed your trip.
    I've never had a motorhome, but I long ago found out that it is/was very easy to load a caravan dangerously beyond its design maximum weight. It could be a good idea, when you have decided what you wish to carry, to visit a public weighbridge to check your laden weight.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

thanks for that advice jim,,always good to give a reminder regarding payloads.

Comment

Well done TwoJays! I hope you didn't find it too stressful thinking 'now where did I put...' as I did the first time out in my Roma! Have a good trip up to the lakes, I hope the weather stays nice for you!

Comment

Sounds great Twojays Enjoy your week in the Lakes

Comment

yep spot on jay jay.a lot fits in but it takes a while to find it again..we have tented a lot with our motorbike so we are pretty used to travelling light,we have adopted the same plan with the roma home,,light but more of it.!!!

Comment

I think you soon get used to what you need and what you dont and the tendency is always to over-pack the first few times out. I generally try to go through the stuff we carry every now and then, perhaps at the end of a trip as we are packing up and if I come across something that we haven't used on our last 2 trips then it gets taken out.

When we first bought our folding camper we purchased a full set of pots and pans to leave in it, ready for use. After the first couple of trips we discovered we only ever use the frying pan and the smaller saucepan so the others got taken out.

Happy camping for the lakes trip, hope the weather holds for you!
              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

travelling light,we have adopted the same plan with the roma home,,light but more of it.!!!
                Romahome lite! it could catch on, happy camping.
                derek b and Babs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X