This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romini Caravans

Just for information, 'Two Romini Caravans' on e-bay at this time.
    Best to all. seagrub. The picture. Having such a good time, I don't want to go home?
    Attached Files

I'm amazed at just how many Rominis there are out there. In the Roma Club search for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still on the road I must have had half a dozen that we didn't know about, and that's in about two weeks.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
      I'm amazed at just how many Rominis there are out there. In the Roma Club search for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still on the road I must have had half a dozen that we didn't know about, and that's in about two weeks.
      Colin
      Considering the construction of Rominis compared with most caravans I would be surprised if the survival rate is not almost 100%. Excluding caravans written off in accidents of one kind or another.

There are very few mechanical parts, they cannot rot, though GRP does degrade/deteriorate, but only over a long period of time and the gel coat is much more durable than paint. Nor can they leak with no joints above the waist level.

I suspect the main cause of (older) conventional caravans being retired is simply frame and floor rot. With Motorhomes I suppose the mechanical complexity of being a motorised vehicle has a big say.

I expect my Romini to well outlast me. OK so I am 71, but I would be saying the same if I was twenty years younger.
      Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 29-07-2010, 15:23.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini Caravans.

Just for the record (so I have been told) the only things to look out for on the 'Romini Caravan' other than wheels tyres and brakes etc., is the four bolts that hold the body the chasis and leaks in the front window, mine are o.k. at this time. Best to all Romini Owners. seagrub.
        p.s. We will have to have a 'Romini Caravan Rally' one day, thats if there is a caravan site big enough to fit us all in????

Comment

Good idea! We could have a really intimate party in one of the vans for all the visitors!

Comment

Romini

I wonder why some firm does not make something similar for Weekenders, as
            surely there could be a market for them under the present financial climate ?
            Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
              Colin
              Just how many have you traced up to now Colin? (Sorry - Niloc).

Comment

Originally posted by gunerdoo View Post
                I wonder why some firm does not make something similar for Weekenders, as
                surely there could be a market for them under the present financial climate ?
                There used to be a company selling these:
                http://www.btinternet.com/~wheelhome/page6.html

but they have now ceased production of them and stick to small van conversions. I would have loved one, but again, too expensive, even second user for me. They certainly keep their value, the Romini's and such like!

Comment

Hi Twolitre
                  I am not keeping a register of Rominis but the search for old vans has turned up some great stories. What I would love to do is get someone in the Roma Club to take all this information and start to archive it so that we could try to trace as many vehicles as possible. If all the Romini owners on here would like to put forward their Build Numbers, (found on top hinge of back door, or on top of wardrobe cupboard door or on tow bar), then it would be a great start and I could add the ones I have found. I will start a thread under the Roma Club section exclusively for Romini numbers.
                  Colin

Comment

Saw one today stuck in a jam on the M25, lady driver T reg, looked like a fiesta pulling it. Had Romahome not Romini on the side, must be usual.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X